Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eish2306

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2013
Wales
iv tried all my debit cards, it recognises Natwest, First Direct, and Santander debits with a terms and conditions screen, it doesn't like Metro, Halifax, TSB, or Co Op

It also doesn't seem to like Santander CC

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
iv tried all my debit cards, it recognises Natwest, First Direct, and Santander debits with a terms and conditions screen, it doesn't like Metro, Halifax, TSB, or Co Op

It also doesn't seem to like Santander CC
My 123 CC gets rejected as issuer doesn't support AP yet :( Hope this will change for launch!

jamesallison

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2015
I'm pretty confident we'll get it on Tuesday.

I don't know if it's been posted here, but someone pointed out on Reddit that Passbook pings this URL every 24 hours to get the latest list of updated countries. You can read it in your browser so it should be easy to spot when the UK gets added.

https://smp-device-content.apple.com/static/region/v2/config.json
Thanks for posting this in here. If anyone wants it, here's a PHP script I've got running on a cron job now that checks that JSON feed every 10 minutes, and will email me if another country (UK) is added. http://pastie.org/10278536

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
I started a few pages back in this thread (didn't see some had their card de-registered). Tried registering my Santander card 15 minutes ago. It failed with the "Contact issuer" message.

Few minutes later received a text:

"We've not been able to complete your Apple Pay registration on your iPhone for your card ending XXXX. Please call us on 0800 068 6698 to check your card."

Might call them on my lunch - see what they say. Most likely they won't do anything, and will tell me to wait.

Not long until the official launch anyway now.

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
I started a few pages back in this thread (didn't see some had their card de-registered). Tried registering my Santander card 15 minutes ago. It failed with the "Contact issuer" message.

Few minutes later received a text:

"We've not been able to complete your Apple Pay registration on your iPhone for your card ending XXXX. Please call us on 0800 068 6698 to check your card."

Might call them on my lunch - see what they say. Most likely they won't do anything, and will tell me to wait.

Not long until the official launch anyway now.
Don't bother calling them. They switched off their Apple Pay servers.

Wait until Tuesday, as you said not long now.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I don't understand why people are trying to glitch the system by changing Regions and other stuff, and then wondering why their cards are still not working?!?!

Just wait til the 14th - its only a few days away.................

ridcully

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
A few questions about using Apple Pay on TFL answered here......

Apple Pay coming soon
1 July 2015
Page 1 of 3
Apple Pay coming soon
Effective date: July 2015

Background
When Apple Pay launches in the UK in July, it will work for pay as you go
travel on our services
We cannot advise you of the launch date yet. Although we know that it will be in July, Apple
have not publically stated their launch date. A further update will be sent when this is
known.

Acceptance
Customers with an
 iPhone 6
 iPhone 6 plus
 Apple Watch
will be able to link some payment card accounts to Apple Pay and then use their iPhone or
Apple Watch to make contactless payments. Customers who are unsure if they can use
Apple Pay should check with their card issuer.
Acceptance of credit and debit cards issued outside the UK linked to Apple Pay is similar to
contactless payment cards. Some may charge overseas transaction fees and some may
not work; customers should check with their card issuer.

Using Apple Pay
In general, using Apple Pay will be no different from using pay as you go with a contactless
payment card.
 Customers will need to touch in and out on rail services to pay the right fare and only
touch in on buses and trams. They will need to:
1. Activate the payment app on their phone or watch
2. Touch it on a reader within 1 minute of activating the app
3. Ensure that they touch the top of their iPhone on the yellow reader or if using an
Apple Watch, touch it’s face on the reader
We will provide you photographs of how Apple devices should be touched on a card
reader in our next briefing.

Apple Pay coming soon
Page 2 of 3

 When a device has been read successfully, as well as the green light displaying on the yellow card reader, the customer’s:
o iPhone will beep and gently vibrate
o Apple Watch will beep
 Customers must make sure they use the same device (card, iPhone or Apple Watch) when they travel so they
o do not have incomplete journeys
o they benefit from daily and weekly capping
 This also applies if the same payment card is linked to more than one phone or watch; each one is treated as a completely separate payment device. So customers need to choose which phone or watch they want to pay with and use the same one for all their travel
 Customers who have both an iPhone and an Apple Watch will get a notification on their watch if their iPhone was read successfully. Staff should be aware that this could be confusing for customers; they will need to remember which device they touched in with and touch out with the same
 If customers keep a contactless payment or Oyster card in their phone case, they should remove it before touching their iPhone on a yellow reader. If they don’t, they could pay for their travel with a card they did not intend to be charged
 Apple Pay is recognised by inspectors’ card readers (RID); customers should activate the payment app before touching their device on the RID. Contactless payment card inspection rules apply
 The read speed of Apple Pay at our card readers is about the same as a contactless payment card
 Customers must make sure they have enough battery on their phone/watch to complete their journey. If they don’t and:
o it runs out of battery in the middle of a rail journey, they will not be able to touch out at the end and could be charged a maximum fare
o If an inspector asks them to touch their iPhone or Apple Watch on a RID, it will not be able to be read. The customer could be liable for a penalty fare
Adding Apple Pay to a TfL online account
The Apple Pay app only shows the last payment or transaction made and a recent history of daily charges applied to the account.
Customers will be able to see their full journey and payment history by signing up for and adding Apple Pay to a TfL online account. They will also be able to:
 Get email alerts if there's an issue with their iPhone or Apple Watch which might stop them from using it to travel
 Apply for refunds for incomplete journeys
 Download their payment and journey history as a CSV or PDF file
 Pay unpaid fares
To sign up for an online account, customers will need:
 Their plastic card account details (in the same way as adding a contactless payment card)
o card number
o expiry date
o the security code (CVV)

Apple Pay coming soon
Page 3 of 3

 Once customers have added their card account details, they will be able to see their Apple Pay devices as separate card records in their TfL account. They will also see their card if it has been used to travel on our services
o Initially, their plastic card and iPhone and/or Apple watch will look like identical cards on their ‘my cards’ screen
o Customers are advised to provide nicknames (eg ‘my iPhone’ or ‘my Apple Watch’) to be able to distinguish easily between the different devices
 Customers can phone TfL Customer Services on 0343 222 1234. They will need to provide their (plastic) card account details (card number, expiry date and security code) to enable Customer Service Agents to see their journey and payment history
Setting up Apple Pay
Full details of how to set up Apple Pay on an iPhone or Apple Watch are available on Apple’s web site.
For more information see https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-pay/
If you have any questions or comments about this briefing please email Grizelda Hafter

Missed this the earlier, seems to answer all questions. Thanks.

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
I wish Tesco had contact less!
My Tesco Express does support contactless.

53f8f2c1b863d0795f68235fab303e77.jpg

Reactions: iGeek2014
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.