Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frejusman

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
Hope it's soon
Still think it will be launched later in the month with them just launching music so they dont lose any press on music with Apple pay

Browno01

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I'm with Isle of Man Bank who are owned by Natwest, nothing further than "Your Issuer does not support this" for me...
5KHfKMz.jpg

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
I still think Beta 3 will bring it to Dev's and then 8.4.1 will be released a week later for public, or possibly the same day next week. Wait and see... either way, hurry up...

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
It doesn't need an iOS update.
Has this been confirmed? I am fully aware that changing your region enables the setting but that's due to the way iOS plists are read, applepay = 1 enables it for the US region, if apple can do this without upgrading the iOS version i'd be interested to know how. Unless there is a timer set on a date for when it becomes enabled within the current OS.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
It doesn't need an iOS update.
I wonder if it won't come out as a minor update given double pressing the contacts button on my watch doesn't currently do anything, i.e. I wonder if they need to push out an update to the watch at least to support it (and fix some of the annoying bugs but that's for another thread)

redrog

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
I wonder if it won't come out as a minor update given double pressing the contacts button on my watch doesn't currently do anything, i.e. I wonder if they need to push out an update to the watch at least to support it (and fix some of the annoying bugs but that's for another thread)

The double click on the Watch works already if you switch the Watch region to US

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
My main credit card is a Lloyds' branded American Express; AmEx are a launch partner so will be interesting to see if that works from the get go...

Its already been confirmed that for Amex it will only work for Amex issued cards, unless the issuing bank also supports Apple Pay. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...oming-to-uk-next-month-heres-how-it-will-work

• American Express: Will offer it to those with Amex-issued personal (and small business) cards when Apple Pay launches in the UK.

Reactions: iGeek2014

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
If they wanted to release it soon after pay day then they would do it today, bit silly doing it on a Saturday when the banks are closed, or open shorter hours so there is less help for customers trying to set it up if they have problems.

Reactions: Davstaylor

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Mid July when spend volumes are generally less and before the school summer holidays would make more sense but happy to be proved wrong!

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
Just spoke to someone at the RBS about it and they are still saying even the teams there don't even know when it's going live they are waiting for Apple to give the green light.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Launching on Independence Day? Can't see that happening myself but stranger things have happened!

Kind of hope it launches with the third beta release of iOS 9.

From a post by one of the mods on NatWest's Forums and Ideas section of their site (posted yesterday):
  • The live date will be announced by Apple shortly and from that date you will see the option to add a card to Apple Pay in Passbook. You will be able to start adding your cards as soon as that happens.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.