Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tharius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Hey! I just purchased the iPhone 6s and went to set up my Apple Pay and I was prompted to enter in a verification code; however, after I received the e-mail with the code, I realized that my Apple Pay is zoomed in too much thereby not allowing me to navigate the application and enter in the code. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, does anyone know how to fix it? Let me know if you need any more information.

PS:My iPhone is in the standard view, I'm not using the zoomed option.

63b0490d93.png

awests

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
Hey! I just purchased the iPhone 6s and went to set up my Apple Pay and I was prompted to enter in a verification code; however, after I received the e-mail with the code, I realized that my Apple Pay is zoomed in too much thereby not allowing me to navigate the application and enter in the code. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, does anyone know how to fix it? Let me know if you need any more information.

63b0490d93.png
I have the same issue with the zoom, except I was able to set up the card outside the wallet app.

geekster1971

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
New York, NY

63b0490d93.png
Same issue here! Not sure what's going on. I'm going to try and wipe the phone and see if that makes an difference.

Tharius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Same issue here! Not sure what's going on. I'm going to try and wipe the phone and see if that makes an difference.
It worked in the zoomed in view, so I temporarily changed it to that so I could enter in the verification #. However, it's not a longterm fix to resolve the issue.

xienze

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2015
Yeah my wallet app is zoomed and the brightness is cranked up on it. Not sure why that is.

That said, you can set everything up in Settings.

tomwardio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
I'm thinking that it could be related to me having passbook items on my iPhone 5s, and then restoring from backup onto the 6S.
I have the exact same problem. Also Weather app and Watch app are also stuck in perpetual zoomed in mode, though at least these aren't cut off... any ideas how to fix?! is really quite annoying.

geekster1971

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
New York, NY
I have the exact same problem. Also Weather app and Watch app are also stuck in perpetual zoomed in mode, though at least these aren't cut off... any ideas how to fix?! is really quite annoying.
No such luck after restore and restoring from backup. Going to try and restore and setup as new.

tomwardio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
No such luck after restore and restoring from backup. Going to try and restore and setup as new.
I'm just trying to update from an iTunes backup rather than an iCloud backup to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, has anyone seen if iOS 9.1 fixes the problem?

geekster1971

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
New York, NY
I'm just trying to update from an iTunes backup rather than an iCloud backup to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, has anyone seen if iOS 9.1 fixes the problem?
Restore and setup as new seems to fix the issue. Let me know if it works after restoring from iTunes backup.

tomwardio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
I restored from a iTunes backup and it didn't resolve the issue
Yep just tried as well to no avail. I've submitted a bug to Apple, fingers crossed it gets resolved... Anyone fancy installing iOS 9.1 and seeing if it's already been fixed?!

xystudioo

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
Same here, tried restoring many times... I think it a problem when people restoring their backups from 5s/5/4...

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
i gust you guys will never learn never set up your new iphone 6S from a older back up all ways set it up has new

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
i gust you guys will never learn never set up your new iphone 6S from a older back up all ways set it up has new

No. There is no need to set up as new. I've been restoring from a back up for every new iPhone and I've never had any issues. It baffles me why people go to the trouble of setting up as new when restoring from a back up is so much easier. Plus if you have an Apple Watch and want to retain the health data then you have to restore from an encrypted back up and can't set up the iPhone as new.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I had the same issue. Restored from a 5C iCloud backup and on my 6S, I has zoomed Wallet and large assets in my Health app too. Then I DFU restored (dunno if that mattered), then I restored from an iTunes backup and all is fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.