Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
i gust you guys will never learn never set up your new iphone 6S from a older back up all ways set it up has new

It'd be nice if that was a realistic option for those with Apple Watches, but it screws up all your tracking if you don't restore from an encrypted backup. Clearly what Apple intends is for people to restore.

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
Yeah, I have always installed as new since my first iPhone 3G. I would have done it this time as well but Apple Watch prevented me from doing that. I started with a backup from iCloud and that was taking WAY too long so I tried from iTunes and that wasn't any better. I had made a backup of my 6 on iTunes that morning just in case iCloud was overworked. Evidently all of the apps in iTunes were way outdated so it was actually the next morning before I had everything from my 6 loaded on my 6s since it had to pull all the new updated apps in.

I sure hope Apple gets the activity and health data separated so you can just pull that in from iCloud next year instead of having to restore an old backup onto a new iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.