Apple Pay question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by JPS127, Oct 20, 2014.

1. JPS127 macrumors member

I typically don't use fingerprint ID for my phone unless I'm traveling; if I want to use Apple Pay will fingerprint automatically kick in, or do I have to change my security settings?

2. sau124 macrumors member

you will have to change your security options - why not use touch id though?

3. JPS127 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I just saw there was an option in the settings. One uses fingerprint ID for card purchases even if one doesn't use it to turn on the iPhone. I'd call this one solved.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

New Question: Transaction code?

I was at a Sonic Drive-in which had recently installed new menu screens. After I ordered, I pressed an on-screen pay button. A new window appeared with an apple pay icon plus a transaction code. For reference, this happened before I swiped my card. Since I don't think they had a transaction reader by the screen (where you use your thumb id to pay while holding the phone close to the reader), I thought there might be a place in Apple Pay/Passbook to enter this transaction code. I've looked online and have not found the answer,

Anyone know? Thanks! :)

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps something you can use within the SONIC app to pay?

6. Jrsmith817 macrumors newbie

Jrsmith817

You are correct. You must first purchase a sonic card and/or link it to your sonic app. Then press pay when you see the number, enter it in the app.