Apple Paying up to $345 in store credit for 4S'

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I have never created an account on CL and refresh my posts once a day. I just use the link I get emailed once I submit. Through the link I can edit, refresh or delete my posts.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Amazon trade in. They are offering $500 for the 4S 64GB right now. No hassle. I use it all the time. :)

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
$285 for 16GB. I'm locked in with Gazelle at $280 until October so I don't have to go iPhoneless at any point. FYI, I checked maybe a week ago and Amazon was offering significantly more than anywhere else, but they pay in the form of an amazon gift card.
I did this same for myself and my fiancee. The 30 day offer guarantee is what did it for me. I'll ship my 4S on launch day.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I shop so much with Amazon. Actually have amazon prime service also. Got $420 trade in for perfect condition iPhone 4s with all original accessories. It was easy. Heard many complaints about third party company with Amazon.

But my trade in was easy and I got credit 2 days after it was received. This was 2 weeks ago.

Think theY are still giving same trade in value. Good deal with u shop at Amazon a lot.

$420 for 16gb 4s is probably more than I could hope on craigslist without hassle.

esploded

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2011
Be sure to create an account when posting the new one. The refresh option will appear 48 hours after your original post.
Thanks man! After refreshing it this morning, I got (what I think) is a legitimate offer for $450. I'm planning on meeting them tomorrow.
(this is a good price, right? ebay prices are around ~430 for my model).

quietstormSD

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I have my 32GB Black AT&T iPhone 4S up for sale on CL for $450, in near perfect condition with 2 cases (incipio, switcheasy) but nobody is biting.

Any advice?
Gotta get it unlocked. Try to do that with AT&T. Especially if you are a long standing customer with relatively big monthly bills ($120+). They'd me more willing to do it for you.

esploded

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2011
Gotta get it unlocked. Try to do that with AT&T. Especially if you are a long standing customer with relatively big monthly bills ($120+). They'd me more willing to do it for you.
It's only been maybe 10 months since I started this line in my family plan (but the total bill is way over $100). I doubt they'd do it for me though because I've had it for a relatively short time.

It doesn't seem to affect prices much either, from what I can see on ebay.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Thanks man! After refreshing it this morning, I got (what I think) is a legitimate offer for $450. I'm planning on meeting them tomorrow.
(this is a good price, right? ebay prices are around ~430 for my model).
That's a great price!

jaysen

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
I shop so much with Amazon. Actually have amazon prime service also. Got $420 trade in for perfect condition iPhone 4s with all original accessories. It was easy. Heard many complaints about third party company with Amazon.

But my trade in was easy and I got credit 2 days after it was received. This was 2 weeks ago.

Think theY are still giving same trade in value. Good deal with u shop at Amazon a lot.

$420 for 16gb 4s is probably more than I could hope on craigslist without hassle.
That is a good deal! I'm a little afraid of sending my 32GB 4S in... It has two minor chips from being dropped and I am afraid they'll not consider it "Like New" and give me the lower amount - $386

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
That is a good deal! I'm a little afraid of sending my 32GB 4S in... It has two minor chips from being dropped and I am afraid they'll not consider it "Like New" and give me the lower amount - $386
Why would you be afraid about it? It's clearly not like new.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
Apple can refurbish them and use them for replacements or they can use them for spare parts for in China for repairs like they have been accused of doing (while keeping the broken parts too).

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Apple can refurbish them and use them for replacements or they can use them for spare parts for in China for repairs like they have been accused of doing (while keeping the broken parts too).
Yeah, using perfectly working parts for a repair is beyond crazy.