Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Looking for great and beautiful Apple Pencil Cases? Google,Amazon for chopsticks with cases!
There are many out there, and they have more or less the same length.
This saves the Pencil or Pencil Nib from breaking in you backpack. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hadleydb

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
£43????? holy smokes!
They actually start at £28 although the colours are limited. That said I rather pay more for a quality product that is going to last then a low price for something that will inevitably be need to be replaced plus won't look or feel as good and is not specifically made for the pencil.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
They actually start at £28 although the colours are limited. That said I rather pay more for a quality product that is going to last then a low price for something that will inevitably be need to be replaced plus won't look or feel as good and is not specifically made for the pencil.

I purchased this in smooth black leather, yet I haven't received it. I too would rather pay for quality.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
This one is specially designed for the iPad Pro pencil. If I had an iPad Pro and pencil I would get something like this. OK it may be a bit pricey compared to other products not specifically designed for it but I rather get something that is for the pencil.

https://www.lucrin.co.uk/cases-for-...cases/ipad-mini-air-pro/case-apple-pencil.htm

Year i saw this, but i fear loosing the Pencil Cap. Its also just leather and doesnt save it from bending in a backpack.
An hard box is saver.
[doublepost=1456045015][/doublepost]
I bought a toothbrush case for $1.99. Works perfectly. :)
Yeah a toothbrush box is not bad too, but somewhat ugly.
Thats why i had the chopstick idea.
They exist if different designs, even with HelloKitty designs for Kitty fans, lol.

Reactions: sinsin07

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I got this Cosmos pencil case from Amazon for $10. The description said it was ready for Apple Pencil and Wacom Styluses and that's exactly what I needed it for. I had to put a microfiber cloth beneath the rubber thingies holding the pencil (without it the Pencil felt loose), but with the little cleaning cloth (I carry around anyway) it is firmly in place (even when shaking the case) and the case itself is hard and unbendable so I think it provides some nice protection.

Note - I found an identical case branded Case Star too. It's probably the same case :)

cosmospencilcase.jpg

Reactions: chickenwingfly

ifman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
I got this Cosmos pencil case from Amazon for $10. The description said it was ready for Apple Pencil and Wacom Styluses and that's exactly what I needed it for. I had to put a microfiber cloth beneath the rubber thingies holding the pencil (without it the Pencil felt loose), but with the little cleaning cloth (I carry around anyway) it is firmly in place (even when shaking the case) and the case itself is hard and unbendable so I think it provides some nice protection.

Note - I found an identical case branded Case Star too. It's probably the same case :)

cosmospencilcase.jpg
Nice, Do you have a link to where you bought it? Also was the CaseStar brand cheaper? I searched on Amazon but didn't see it.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Reactions: chickenwingfly

ifman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: aevan

ifman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
The CaseStar case came in and it works great. Just the right size. Thanks Aevan for the link above.

EqVpba

Crambie

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016

Surely you've the skill, don't need much, and time to do that yourself, £55 really? If you want to spend silly money get a Graf von Faber-Castell case, have one, very well made. Wouldn't have one if it didn't come with a GVF pencil I picked up cheap though.

http://www.cultpens.com/c/q/brands/graf-von-faber-castell/graf-von-faber-castell-pen-cases

Treebark

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2010
Surely you've the skill, don't need much, and time to do that yourself, £55 really? .../QUOTE]

?? My links / post that you quoted were to an $8 (£6) single pen case, and a couple of loop style holders for about the same price as another alternative.

Perhaps you quoted the wrong post, or the link went to one of the bigger cases for you, or shipping across the pond a bit much?

61e4Gp6nT1L._SL1000_.jpg

$8 doesn't seem too bad for this (if the Apple pencil fits)

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
£43????? holy smokes!
Hey it's like Apple made it.
[doublepost=1456332905][/doublepost]
True, hey if we paid 80 pounds for the pencil what's 40 more? Ha

I've just ordered my apple pencil magnet

http://www.moxiware.com/products/apple-pencil-magnet

Last edited:
Reactions: sjleworthy

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Year i saw this, but i fear loosing the Pencil Cap. Its also just leather and doesnt save it from bending in a backpack.
An hard box is saver.
[doublepost=1456045015][/doublepost]
Yeah a toothbrush box is not bad too, but somewhat ugly.
Thats why i had the chopstick idea.
They exist if different designs, even with HelloKitty designs for Kitty fans, lol.

I agree with you about the soft case not offering much protection for the pencil. A hard case would definitely be better.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
You'll love it. Works brilliantly. Not very versetile if you go out and about with it, but great if it's stuck on your desk next to you all day. Wouldnt be without mine :)

Appart from sticking to the top bezel it'll also glue itself to the space bar too if you wish :)
Yeah will be ideal just to stick at the top or even on the Smart Cover in certain areas when putting it in my bag

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
That's interesting. I purchased one, tried to put it on but it was WAY too tight--couldn't get the tip of the Pencil to make it out the other end no matter how hard I twisted or tugged. Tried inserting the Pencil from either end, no joy.

What's worse is that the second time I couldn't even get the sucker off. Finally had to CUT it off.

Useless piece of junk, IMHO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.