Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
This looks great! Yes, Apple, I will take docu-series on nature and sports all day long. Cannot wait!
I can’t surf to save my life but I have friends who are into it. It’s not for lack of interest I don’t surf. I just grew up not seeing an ocean until I was 11 and not learning to swim decently until my 40’s.

But yeah this is going to be visually engaging and the human drama part of it is going to be interesting, too. The hard part is finding time to watch all the stuff Apple has lined up. I know to some people it seems like they don’t have enough shows. But we watch one or two episodes of a show a night as a family when we can, and shows like Servant my husband and I have to make time for away from the kids. So to us, there’s more to watch than we have opportunity for.

Lol I know you don’t like the Hillary and Chelsea documentary and that’s fine. I can’t say I like those hosts myself, but the contents of that look interesting to me because I like learning about historical figures and impactful people. It just depends on how shows like that are produced. Often they come across as stuff you can read on book jacket covers, very superficial and hyped.

I do like shows like this where you can follow people in depth for awhile. I know some people are going to think this is boring.

I personally don’t enjoy cooking anymore, but I was shocked that with the right production, I actually enjoyed Hell’s Kitchen reruns a couple of years ago.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Meanwhile, HBO Max is giving us Wonder Woman 1984, Matrix 4, and Dune.
I mean, surfing's cool. But would I subscribe to Apple's abysmal service for it? Nope.
Wonder Woman? Lol. You act like Gotham movies are respectable. If it was Black Widow, that would be amazing.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Wonder Woman? Lol. You act like Gotham movies are respectable. If it was Black Widow, that would be amazing.
What? You mean DC movies? And Wonder Woman (1) was the best DCU movie. WW2 doesn't look quite as good based on the trailers, but it's still def. a must watch.

Umma

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2020
Surfers will watch 5 minutes and be like ‘dayum!‘, then shut off their tv’s and go grab their boards.

nylonsteel

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2010
i would rather watch a mandalorian sci fi action surfer gang series than this
yet disney has the rights to something like it already
oh well keep trying atv+
surfing is cool i may watch this atv afterall - mmm mabey not

Lestdog

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Guaranteed those who watch will fast forward to the drop in and tubes.
Dreams and aspirations of surfers? Does anyone care?
Ummm in surfing, “drop ins” is a bad thing not a good thing. Also, we tend to use barrels over “tubes”. I will watch the interviews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.