Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today told retail staff in the United States and Europe that it is planning to bring back in-person Today at Apple classes starting on August 30, reports Bloomberg.

today-at-apple.jpg

Classes are set to resume at most U.S. locations, but Apple's plan to roll out in-person classes could be delayed at some Apple Store locations in areas where there is a surge in COVID-19 cases.

With Today at Apple sessions slated to return, Apple today began accepting signups for in-store sessions on its website. Apple has not held in-person classes at its retail stores since March 2020, but the company has been offering virtual classes and the occasional outdoor class.

today-at-apple-classes-in-person.jpg

Apple retail stores have been reopened since earlier this year, but Apple recently reinstated a mask mandate that requires customers visiting most retail stores in the United States to wear a mask. Apple had dropped mask mandates for vaccinated customers in June, but brought them back in areas heavily impacted by the Delta variant of COVID-19.

Article Link: Apple Planning to Bring Back Some In-Person 'Today at Apple' Classes Starting on August 30

Realityck

macrumors 68020
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Huh? Does Apple not believe that COVID is peaking again? And of course they won't require vaccinations for those who attend, that would lead to more trouble than benefit.

Let's see how many days it takes before they reverse course.
While you're seeing an increase related to delta variant, its not impacting all areas they have stores to the same degree.
Santa Clara country which is home to multiple clusters of Apple Buildings and stores has 80.2% fully vaccinated population. I am sure their implementation takes into account how each country is doing with delta variant activity in the states. ;)

happydude

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
sure to be delayed or canceled with delta running rampant. in Minnesota where as a state we're over 70%, we're seeing a strong resurgence of the new wave. this is one of the world's most innovative tech companies - don't see why they can't just keep it virtual for the time being. safer for their customers and staff alike.

Wildkraut

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
sure to be delayed or canceled with delta running rampant. in Minnesota where as a state we're over 70%, we're seeing a strong resurgence of the new wave. this is one of the world's most innovative tech companies - don't see why they can't just keep it virtual for the time being. safer for their customers and staff alike.
That’s pure ignorance of Apple.
Profit - Profit - Profit, if they sell something and this person die later, no prob, because they sold it already, mission completed.

swm

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2013
oh yeah. it's personal. just you and me. and the delta variant.
whenever people meet, i shall be with you.
covid 20:19

• Disagree
Reactions: -DMN-

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
2021 and people are still terrified, cowering in fear. Clown world.

Good for Apple for getting people together again.

Rightfully so. 620k plus people are dead in the US. Is learning how to use Mac Mail in person so important that we would risk contracting and spreading a deadly disease?

I get it that the world needs to continue to operate - but let’s at least take some care not to have unnecessary gatherings.

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Huh? Does Apple not believe that COVID is peaking again? And of course they won't require vaccinations for those who attend, that would lead to more trouble than benefit.

Let's see how many days it takes before they reverse course.
I'm genuinely curious. Did you not read any of the article before posting? It states in the article that some stores will be delayed with the in-person classes where this is a surge in COVID cases. I also don't see anything in the article that stated that they won't require vaccinations. Any proof of fact to that?

Lastly restaurants, gyms, bars and concerts, golf tournaments are all opened up again. Why in the world would you condemn Apple for doing in person training in a wide-opened store to help new buyers? Your post seems quite disingenuous.

mansplains

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2021
Rightfully so. 620k plus people are dead in the US. Is learning how to use Mac Mail in person so important that we would risk contracting and spreading a deadly disease?

I get it that the world needs to continue to operate - but let’s at least take some care not to have unnecessary gatherings.
Come on, at least be fair. Mac Mail is whatever, we meet to learn things of value like how to use Slofies

• Haha
Reactions: Huck and happydude

Phil77354

Contributor
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I'm genuinely curious. Did you not read any of the article before posting? It states in the article that some stores will be delayed with the in-person classes where this is a surge in COVID cases. I also don't see anything in the article that stated that they won't require vaccinations. Any proof of fact to that?

Lastly restaurants, gyms, bars and concerts, golf tournaments are all opened up again. Why in the world would you condemn Apple for doing in person training in a wide-opened store to help new buyers? Your post seems quite disingenuous.
Since you are genuinely curious, I'll respond.

Yes I read the article. No, I'm not condemning Apple. And I'm not saying one way or another that they will or will not require vaccinations.

So what if restaurants, gyms, bars, concerts, golf tournaments are opened up again?

Apple will do what they feel is best, and I'm all for getting back to normal including resuming in person training. And lots of other things. I simply think it is premature.

That is my opinion, and you are welcome to yours!

Reactions: CarlJ and friedmud

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Since you are genuinely curious, I'll respond.

Yes I read the article. No, I'm not condemning Apple. And I'm not saying one way or another that they will or will not require vaccinations.
Your words stated bluntly:

"And of course they won't require vaccinations for those who attend, that would lead to more trouble than benefit."
So what if restaurants, gyms, bars, concerts, golf tournaments are opened up again?

Apple will do what they feel is best, and I'm all for getting back to normal including resuming in person training. And lots of other things. I simply think it is premature.
What's so premature? They don't teach classes in a tiny sequestered room full of people.
That is my opinion, and you are welcome to yours!

You weren't stating an opinion. I wouldn't have replied if that were so. You were making adverse blanket statements. Apple stated that they weren't opening classes in every store immediately where COVID is rising.

Your words stated bluntly:

Does Apple not believe that COVID is peaking again?

None of what you stated sounds like you read anything past the leading article title. 😉

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
That’s pure ignorance of Apple.
Profit - Profit - Profit, if they sell something and this person die later, no prob, because they sold it already, mission completed.
Ignoring the hyperbole, Apple has been very conservative with respect to how it's been operating it's businesses. I'm sure they following all area covid mandates with respect to the stores. Why shouldn't their stores be open, while other stores around them are?

now i see it

macrumors 604
Jan 2, 2002
Seeking applicant to teach people elementary computer skills face to face. No prior teaching experience required

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.