Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
You imply people only voted for Obama because he was black.

Yes, but probably not the way you might think.

Black turnout was very high, higher than normal so they could vote for the person that would become the 1st black President. Not really that hard to understand. And who could blame them.

DanielSw

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
Clearwater, FL
L
This is a direct result of the tax reform Republicans in Congress passed. While he will get credit, it really isn't Pres. Trump's doing. He certainly had influence in the process though and should be commended for that.

I'm not a Republican and am no fan of the current president but I always give credit where it's due.
Like it or not, President Trump is the "tallest hog in the trough". He called for tax reform during his campaign. He gave Congress the target to get it done before Christmas. He most likely spent a huge amount of time talking with congressmen, et al, lending his unique powers of persuasion to the effort. He deserves the lion's share of the credit for seeing it through to completion.
[doublepost=1516323755][/doublepost]
My question is, What does it mean "contribute $350 billion to the US economy"? Does it mean that Apple will build manufacturing facilities here or does it mean that Apple will finally start buying serious tech companies in the US?

Create 20,000 jobs sure sounds to me like bringing manufacturing back to the US unless these 20,000 people will be hired to design new emojis.

It's not your place to know the details until or unless Apple reveals them at some future date. How about trying a little positive thinking instead of the usual skepticism!

In the mean time, look around to see the many various other effects of the new Tax Bill—including your own taxes!

Reactions: BonkersYonkers

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
This is going to give Trump a huge boost. He will not worry about deportations or impeachment. Guess it shows that when it comes to money, even Tom Cook and Apple will overlook more than a few moral principles to cash in on getting the money back into the U.S. I thought Cook was a Democrat, but I guess that when there is a lot of money involved (billions) it's easy to toss your principes aside and join the other party. By the way, does Mr. Cook have a "Trump 2020" sticker on the back of his cars?

Last edited:

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
...still waiting on proof.

If by standard Republican orthodoxy you mean the government letting people keep more of the money they earn, then yes.

U challenge any of to stop debating n go to someone that has the tools and plug in your numbers according to this tax bill n come back n let us know. Lol

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
This is going to give Trump a huge boost. He will not worry about deportations or impeachment. Guess it shows that when it comes to money, even Tom Cook and Apple will overlook more than a few moral principles to cash in on getting the money back into the U.S. I thought Cook was a Democrat, but I guess that when there is a lot of money involved (billions) it's easy to toss your principes aside and join the other party. By the way, does Mr. Cook have a "Trump 2020" sticker on the back of his cars?

Why does your political opinion come into play when making the best decision for your company?

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
Media has been unbiased - just didn't know it with a Democratic President. A Republican President exposed this and so much more.
Well also a president who attacks the media regularly. I see the passionate wording in mainstream news articles now and can't help but think they're taking it personally.

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
I read an interesting article about this. Seems Timmy and Apple have a more imaginative definition of job creation and tax paying. They twist this like they twist everything else. You just can't trust them anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.