Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

International Day of Yoga is set to take place on Tuesday, June 21, and Apple is celebrating with a new Activity Challenge that will let Apple Watch users earn a new yoga badge and a set of animated yoga stickers.

international-yoga-day.jpg
Earn this award inspired by the International Day of Yoga. On June 21, do a yoga workout of 20 minutes or more. Record your time with any app that adds workouts to Health.
To earn the award, Apple Watch users will need to complete a yoga workout that lasts for 20 minutes or more on June 21. The award for completing the challenge looks similar to the award provided for past Yoga Day challenges, and there are several sticker options for various yoga poses.

yoga_day_2022_1.png

yoga_day_2022_4.png

yoga_day_2022_3.png

yoga_day_2022_2.png

Apple holds Activity Challenges for various holidays and events throughout the year, and began offering awards for International Day of Yoga back in 2019.

Any yoga workout will fulfill the requirement, as long as you select the yoga workout type from the Workout app on the Apple Watch or use an app that adds yoga workouts to the Health app. Apple's Fitness+ service, available for $9.99 per month, offers built-in yoga workouts that you can do.

Article Link: Apple Plans Apple Watch Activity Challenge for International Day of Yoga on June 21

• Haha
Reactions: Cycom

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
The wonderful human and anti-cultist J. Krishamurti debunked all the cult beliefs about yoga that were invented by modern people who turned this practice into a capitalist industry complete with woo woo magical thinking products and psuedoscientific beliefs. Even worse these days so many yoga teachers will try to brainwash with conspiracy theories about space lizards and extra dimensional matrix elf people.

The real yoga can only be practised if people let go of all this magical thinking about kundalinis and chakras and dimensions. Then you go back to the root. It should be about physical health and practical thinking.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
As @BornAgainMac pointed out, lying down is one of the Yoga poses. You can get it authentically that way. 😊

Then drinking 32 ounce beers is weight lifting, but I get your logic. If you want to get obtuse, standing still is a pose too. For those that still can, touching the ground or your toes while bending over is a pose too. Yoga is so cool, there are some poses that are 'yeah, not in a million years', and some that are just there to let us chill out.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
The dog/cat looks like they are barking. *shrug* My dog can't figure it out, looks at me with knitted brows. So concerned... It's touching and hysterical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huck

LoveTo

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2021
Then drinking 32 ounce beers is weight lifting, but I get your logic. If you want to get obtuse, standing still is a pose too. For those that still can, touching the ground or your toes while bending over is a pose too. Yoga is so cool, there are some poses that are 'yeah, not in a million years', and some that are just there to let us chill out.
Sorry for my limited understanding but I don’t see how drinking beer is weightlifting? I didn’t get the analogy at all. Lying down is a core Yoga pose, no joke. I didn’t know that just standing still was a pose. Will take your word for it.

Alp3r

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
I see the subliminal 222 hidden in the logo, you never know what they’re flashing in your faces with things.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
One achievement I’ll miss as I don’t do Yoga. It sucks to not have all the stickers.

I didn’t do yoga before Apple Fitness+ existed. Their yoga workouts always give me a great stretch, and help relax muscles I didn’t realise were taut.

Always feel better physically and mentally after doing one of the yoga workouts (and others), so I really love the service – among the best things Apple have done recently.

The award and stickers are nice to collect; they always look better on device than in these articles.

namavadhuta

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2022
The wonderful human and anti-cultist J. Krishamurti debunked all the cult beliefs about yoga that were invented by modern people who turned this practice into a capitalist industry complete with woo woo magical thinking products and psuedoscientific beliefs. Even worse these days so many yoga teachers will try to brainwash with conspiracy theories about space lizards and extra dimensional matrix elf people.

The real yoga can only be practised if people let go of all this magical thinking about kundalinis and chakras and dimensions. Then you go back to the root. It should be about physical health and practical thinking.
[...]

Last edited:

namavadhuta

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2022

Registered just so I could Like this post.

Refer also the distortion of the meaning of karma. Superimposing the good/bad thing on it. It is Physics. Good/bad is subjective, beside the point.

Hessian

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2004

After a few years practicing yoga at various venues and clubs, I cannot say I have ever seen anything you describe. Sounds a bit hokey. I am sure you can find someone somewhere supporting this claim, but I doubt it is as prevalent as you make this sound as an industry.

Wondering if your speaking from experience or something you read...?

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
I didn’t do yoga before Apple Fitness+ existed. Their yoga workouts always give me a great stretch, and help relax muscles I didn’t realise were taut.

Always feel better physically and mentally after doing one of the yoga workouts (and others), so I really love the service – among the best things Apple have done recently.

The award and stickers are nice to collect; they always look better on device than in these articles.
Yeah, I had never done it either and as an older guy (post-50), my flexibility is starting to suffer with age, and I gave it a shot recently because I'd injured myself doing my normal cardio and needed something different to do while I recovered. I enjoy it. Don't do it every day but try to get one or two in a week now as I can. It certainly has helped stretch me out.

Reactions: orbital~debris

frumpywumpy

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Sorry for my limited understanding but I don’t see how drinking beer is weightlifting? I didn’t get the analogy at all. Lying down is a core Yoga pose, no joke. I didn’t know that just standing still was a pose. Will take your word for it.
I think the volume of 32oz is to indicate that it would be a heavy amount. I would propose that it was a mild form of ad absurdum.

the standing up pose is called “Tadasana”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.