Apple: Please Bring Back These Colors

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Caliber26, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Caliber26, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I wish Apple would return to its fun, vibrant colors (think 4th-gen iPod Nano) as opposed to these pastel colors they've been using over the last couple of years which, in my opinion, aren't as interesting. I feel the Sport bands would've looked amazing in any of these colors so I'm hoping that 3rd party companies will come out with stuff like this.

Anybody else out there who would prefer these colors over the existing ones, or am I the only one?

[​IMG]

Hopefully this will trigger some memories of how awesome these colors were back in the day:

[​IMG]

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

4. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

I think someone needs a trip to Disney World.

[​IMG]

5. Caliber26 thread starter macrumors 68000

Caliber26

LOL, I actually work there and I'm irked that Disney doesn't have a purple MagicBand.

6. Wallabe, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

Hope to see you there. Heading there soon for Flower and Garden.

7. chrise2 macrumors 6502

my wife wants a pink band, but she doesn't think the offered pink band is very pink. I tend to agree. I'm not losing sleep. I'm getting the black one. Always bet on black.

8. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

If apple made these I would probably buy red, blue, green and orange. As it is now the only sport band I will probably have is white. None of the other colors appeal to me at all.

9. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

If they'd offered a dark red or dark blue sports band, my decision would have been much easier.

10. TheralSadurns macrumors 6502

Oh god yes. 2nd and 4th gen Nano Colors were THE best!

11. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I would love all of these. I have a fitbit flex right now and have almost every color band they offer. I love to change it up!

12. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i just LOVE that shade of pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Apple will undoubtedly release more bands throughout the year, or at least once a year, and I would fully expect new bands to have backwards compatibility with existing watches.

Hell, by releasing bands mid-way through a watch release cycle, with limited edition or exclusive colors, they could keep that cash stream going crazy.

I find myself often switching cases because of how it looks on my iPhone, and the phone isn't something I wear. I'd fully expect people to want to change up the colors and materials from time to time, and limiting the options of this would only hurt Apple's margins.

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Not a fan of those colors. Makes the watch look like a toy.

15. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

We're more likely to think we want something we can't have. If they actually made these colors, barely any of them would sell. Many of them are very polarizing, I just don't see many people wanting orange or purple. And Apple knows what colors are worth doing. Blue, green, pink, white, and black gets most of what people want. Out of the colors Apple did make (blue, green and pink), Apple's hues look a lot better to me. The colors here are way too extreme for a wearable in my opinion. They look like a sports team's colors. Apple's are more like sport apparel.

16. Caliber26 thread starter macrumors 68000

Caliber26

And that's where opinions and tastes come into place. I'm planning on getting the black leather loop strap with my watch because I like its simple, non-flashy design and because I love the color black since it goes well with everything. But when I'm out at the beach, at the theme parks, or working out, I would love something more less formal looking that goes well with my sportswear. I would either get the green or orange one.

As of now, the only color options we have (not counting black and white) are pastel blue, highlighter yellow, and coral. None of these really appeal to me.

17. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

After spending a lot of time reviewing the current options, it is clear to me that there are two things here:

1. Apple went out of their way to choose color combinations that are mostly acceptable for men or women to choose (maximizing appeal).

2. They are mirroring current trends in fitness apparel. Pastels are in right now for active wear and footwear. Don't underestimate the appeal of color coordination as a buying decision.

18. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

if the bands came in these colours I would absolutely buy 2 or 3 of them to go along with the Milanese loop that be buying the watch with.
    Really miss these vibrant colours, puts into perspective how limited and dull apple's current lineup is.
    Bring them back apple </3

19. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

That would be so cool - although I have three of the limited edition Frozen bands. :cool:

Flower and Garden show was great, by the way.

I would totally go for a purple and a pink sport band. Yep, I'm girly.

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You know what, come to think of it it's not the colors per say but more the sport band. It reminds me too much of this.

[​IMG]

21. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I would love a purple sport band! A nice turquoise color as well.

22. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

I'm sure we will see vibrant colors once third-party bands become available.

23. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

I want one of those bands too. I saw them on a blog, but I'm heading there in May, and afraid they will be all gone. There's only 5000 of them.

And what show are you talking about? I was there last year, I didn't know anything about any specific Flower and Garden show.

24. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Here's the info on the Flower & Garden event - depending on when you are going in May, you may be able to catch it.

I have the Christmas edition Olaf band, the Summer Chillin' Olaf band, and the Elsa & Anna Flower & Garden band. ;)

25. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

i'd buy a bunch of those bands in the OP, the current Apple bands are a bit too bright