Apple Please Fix Updates

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

This is really getting annoying, my iPhone shows that I have 6 App updates while my computer's iTunes shows I have 3 App updates. I installed these updates before, as some are months old yet they keep showing up. This never used to be an issue prior to 3.0, at least that I have seen.

The love of God Apple, will you please fix this issue?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

ditto.

I keep getting update notices; do the update (it actually does update the app version), and still get the notice. It happens on both the Mac and iPhone. I've tried deleting from the Mac and transferring back from the iPhone. I have had some success with deleting from both, then re-downloading from the App Store, but now I have some apps where I don't want to lose settings/data residing on the iPhone.

Today's batch included 4 X-Plane apps (out of 6 which were updated today).

Very annoying.

3. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Same problem here. Currently showing 10 updates available, all having actually been updated.

John B.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is very odd. Have you 3.0 users updated to 3.2.1 (or whatever the latest version is, I've lost track now) yet? I didn't have this issue on any version of the iPhone/iPod touch OS. :confused:

5. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Good question. Still 3.0 here. Update weirdness has only been around for a week or so.

John B.

6. ralphdn macrumors newbie

Got a workaround

I had this problem as well. Since the apps are all in iTunes on my PC anyway, I delete them on the iPhone with the little "x" in the upper-left corner of the icon. Then I load the App Store again, and the troublemakers go away because the apps they're there to update are gone. Maybe a restart at this point, in any case then you can just re-check the apps in the iTunes program list and they come back.

Pretty tedious, but it at least works around the problem. Hope that Apple can solve it in a proper fashion.

All the best,
    Ralph