Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

230829-gaming.jpg

MCV reports that Apple has poached two major public relations executives from Nintendo and Activision, respectively. (via MacNN)Apple has poached not one but two of the games industry's best PR execs - with Activision's Nick Grange set to join Nintendo's Rob Saunders at the manufacturer.Nintendo's Rob Saunders left the company after seven years and is said to have played a key role in the launches of the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Meanwhile, Nick Grange has a long history in the games industry at Electronic Arts, Microsoft and most recently Activision. Saunders will reportedly be working at Apple on PR for apps across all iOS devices, while Grange will be focused on iPad hardware.

The gaming cross-over with the iOS devices is not a new phenomenon. In fact, Apple even embraced it by advertising the iPod Touch as a gaming device. The move also reinforces the fact that Apple's iOS devices are increasingly competitive to handheld gaming devices from Sony and Nintendo. Nintendo described Apple as the "enemy of the future" and Sony has been making efforts to better compete with Apple's mobile devices.

Article Link: Apple Poaching Gaming PR Execs from Activision and Nintendo

Last edited by a moderator:

thelonelylimo

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2010
Ohio
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I cannot wait. I've been waiting for this, for years.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Great news. Bring on more Infinity Blade-esque games! :D

Hmmm, swipe, swipe, swipe, next. Swipe, swipe, swipe, next.

Nah, gimme the Infinity Blade graphics but in a game that needs more than just flicking left or right.

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Real games aren't played on an iDevice. Say what you want, it's true at the moment. No need to look into the future..........cause you don't know what it holds. And if you do tell me if i'll be at work Monday please! (Gov worker)

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
I got far more enjoyment out of Infinity Blade for 6 dollars than I did out of Pilot Wings Resort 3DS for 40 dollars...just sayin.

backinblack875

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2010
USA
Real games aren't played on an iDevice. Say what you want, it's true at the moment. No need to look into the future..........cause you don't know what it holds. And if you do tell me if i'll be at work Monday please! (Gov worker)

Govt SCUM!! (lol jk :D)

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
Why doesnt Apple allow you to plug a controller in the 30 pin adaptor? Wouldnt that be the best of both worlds?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
This shows how much Apple has learned from the past. They will not make the same mistake they did during the Mac vs. PC era by ignoring games. They're throwing the best mobile GPUs into their products and advertising gaming heavily, good for them.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Was the MacNN headline "Apple Poaching Gaming PR Execs from Activision and Nintendo?" the true story? It would give a very different impression if the headline had been "PR Execs Abandoning Activision and Nintendo for Apple?" And in fact the article says that Grange "jumped ship".

Were they pushed or pulled?

requieminadream

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2008
Takoma Park, MD
Was the MacNN headline "Apple Poaching Gaming PR Execs from Activision and Nintendo?" the true story? It would give a very different impression if the headline had been "PR Execs Abandoning Activision and Nintendo for Apple?" And in fact the article says that Grange "jumped ship".

Were they pushed or pulled?

Doesn't matter. Apple took in two head gaming executives. Whether they called them up or were called up, they now have major gaming players in their family. It's a pretty clear sign that they will be getting into gaming in some way.

okboy

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
Velly Intelrsting. Did they start out making games from rocks?

:eek:

Cards games, man... they had more than rocks 122 years ago... wow.

Why doesnt Apple allow you to plug a controller in the 30 pin adaptor? Wouldnt that be the best of both worlds?

I don't see why you couldn't. There's always Bluetooth ones anyway ( http://icontrolpad.com/ ). Apple Stores also sell the Fling analog sticks now.

SandynJosh

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2006

Apple doesn't care what you plug into the 30 pin adapter. Go here to see all kinds of button-rich controllers for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Some plug into the connector and some operate the game over wifi, and one allows both methods. Before commenting, let Google be your friend. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.