Apple Poised to Dissapoint this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlindMellon, Apr 13, 2011.

1. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

what do you think will be the repercussions (if any) if everyone has to wait until september (or later) for the iphone 5?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

im not sure what your suggesting

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No repercussions. If iPhone 5 comes out in September, people will wait. They may complain about waiting but, nonetheless, they'll still wait. No biggie.

4. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

September will likely be OK. Later could be problematic.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

There won't be any.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

not sure if.

when it comes out people will buy it.

i don't see much else happening.

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

And in other news, the Ford Edsel is poised to be a smashing success with Mr and Mrs John Q Public.

Just ask the same analysts that say Apple will have a bad year, they'll agree.

8. elan123 macrumors 6502

this is the truth

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Your talking 3-4 months. If you know anything about Apple they move at their pace not the pace of everyone else. When they are ready to put a new product out there they will put it out there. They are not a company that will rush something because competitor X is coming out with their latest and greatest.

I have no problem waiting. My iPhone 4 works great.

10. BlindMellon thread starter macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

i'm thinking more along the lines of what kind of press will they get if they delay the iphone until september.

11. cdmta macrumors member

So, the iPad 2 wasn't brought out early to combat the Xoom?
    I beg to differ.

12. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Absolutely none. People will b*tch and complain, but this will affect Apple in minimal ways.

13. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I doubt most people will bitch as the iPhone 4 is still a great phone even after all this time. Also if the iPhone 5 proves to be of great quality the wait will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. iPad 2 macrumors regular

Not even remotely true. Just had a family of four that I had convinced to switch over to the iPhone 5 (which would be their very first smartphone) who upon finding out that it won't be out till September, decided to instead get various driod, galaxy, and windows mobile 7 phones coming out within the next month (the Driod Incredible 2, Driod X 2, Samsung Galaxy 2 are all releasing in the next few weeks).

They don't want to get an outdated phone with antennae issues (eventhough I explained to them that it's barely an issue), and they don't want to wait another six months, and frankly, I don't blame them.

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Amazing press all June talking about how all the huge changes to iOS 5 are free to all i4 owners and how 3GS owners get many of them.

They'll particularly talk about how it's all FREE when many others have to buy all new hardware to get such massive upgrades.

I mean, it'll go that way if Apple gets their way. And how often don't they get their way?

16. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Longer wait means more hype !! They will be ok no matter what.....

17. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

1) Very true and yet at this point Apple is actually creating problems by getting all the fanboys frothing at the mouth while they wait. Why not let the phone sell itself instead of creating such unrealistic expectations.

It promises to be a very hectic, ugly, long wait whenever we are allowed to preorder. Last year was madness, I cannot even imagine how bad it will be this year.

2) Apple's got the magic, courtesy of the best sales person on earth.

Their CEO could sell anything no matter what the quality or style. It's the latest and it's cool man we gotta have it. :eek:

18. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

why does this matter? does your personal disappointment mean that everyone is affected?

it will come when it comes.

enjoy what you have.

wow.

:mad:

19. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Easy, the apocalypse will be upon us.

20. BlindMellon thread starter macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

who said i was or will be disappointed? this is a discussion board, you know, we discuss things and try not to get :mad:

21. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Nope, none at all.

This date gives more users time to save more money and the hype will only get bigger.

22. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Keep in mind that apple geeks and fans are waiting for Steve to announce an iPhone every June/July. But the general population has no idea that there is a interval, they just go to their local Apple store and shop. And the bulk of iPhone sales is to the general population not the fanboys/geeks.

23. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I predict that if they wait to release around the holidays time frame that the sales will be through the roof. (even more so than with any previous year):D

24. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

More than ever this is a year of change for Apple, with many dynamics at work.

The tragedy in Japan is at the top of the list, as well as other factors.

Patience is the key for those of us who are looking at buying a new Apple product this year.

25. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

There will be significant repercussions.

Firstly, iPhone 3GS and later owners are looking forward to upgrading.
    People on other contracts with different phones who are looking forward to the new phone are upgrading.
    Heck, some countries even allow the recently upgraded iPhone 4 owner to upgrade to the iPhone 5 for a cheaper price.
    Pushing the date back is reasonable, and makes sense, but it's going to affect Internet Service Providers all over the world. Because most scheduled their contract upgrades around the usual June/July iPhone upgrades.

Followed by the tumbling of Apple stocks. The iPhone is probably Apple's weakspot at the moment, as they reigned supreme of the smartphone market and Android came out of nowhere and took the spot as a smartphone, imo.I doubt this will happen to the tablet market, but we never know.
    If anything Apple has to step up their iOS and iPhone upgrades, specifically the iPhone.

If Apple wants to shift the iPhone update to September due to the lack of lustre of the usual Media Event (now that Garageband for iPad has been released what more can they talk about?), and if it's due to lack of supplies, then i completely support them.