Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted the Jony Ive introduction video for the iPad mini. As is typical for Apple product launch events, the video gives a behind-the-scenes look at the development the iPad mini. Both Jony Ive and iPad product marketing head Michael Tchao make appearances.

Apple has posted a video of the iPad mini media event on its website. The video is also available on the Apple Keynotes Podcast on the iTunes Store. [Podcast links: Keynotes, Keynotes in HD, Keynotes in 1080p HD]

Other iPad mini special event highlights:

- Apple Introduces New 7.9-Inch iPad Mini Starting at $329
- Apple Announces Fourth-Generation iPad with Lightning Connector, New A6X Chip
- Apple Announces Lighter, Thinner iMac Models with Fusion Drive
- Apple Introduces 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Apple Introduces New Mac Mini With Faster Processors and Quad-Core Option

- First Impressions and Hands On with iPad Mini
- Hands On with Apple's New 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro

- Some Apple Retail Stores Offering 30-Day Window to Exchange iPads for New Model
- Apple's New 'Fusion Drive' Not a Typical Hybrid Drive
- iPad Mini Supports Siri, iPad 2 Still Doesn't
- Apple Devices to Support Many New International LTE Networks In Coming Months
- 21.5" iMac Has No User-Upgradable RAM; 27" Has Four Accessible RAM Slots
- Apple Announces Updated iBooks App With Continuous Scrolling
- Apple Updates iBooks Author with New Templates and Remote Update Feature

Article Link: Apple Posts iPad Mini Intro, TV Ad, and Keynote Video

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
"There is inherent loss in just reducing a product in size"

Then they reduced the product in size.

EDIT - At the risk of people continuing to quote me that are taking this seriously and insulting me, it's a joke. It's called the iPad Mini for Christ's sake, of course they reduced the iPad in size. Not trying to offend your latest purchase, but it's literally a smaller iPad. Can't deny that. So lighten up!

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Ah to see Jony Ive's cocked head against a white background. All is right with the world. Scott Forstall looked bored though. Surprised we didn't get an update on maps.

linuxophile

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
here
"If all that we had done was take the original iPad and just reduce it, all that you would be aware of was everything that was just missing. There is inherent loss in just reducing a product in size.

What we did, was we went back to the very beginning and we took the time to design a product that was a concentration of, and not a reduction of, the original."

Wow, the marketing bs is blowing me away!

nutjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2010
But it works. :D

LOL, Americans seem to have a thing for English accents, more and more of them showing up on TV. I think they find them "authoritative". I find them pretty annoying, especially the broad ones.

----------

"There is inherent loss in just reducing a product in size"

Then they reduced the product in size.

They're talking about the loss of income (price).

scotty321

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2003
Wow, that ad is terrible compared to the outstanding one they showed during the keynote!

macs4nw

macrumors 601
.....Scott Forstall looked bored though.....

Very much so. A talented guy, who seems to rub people the wrong way. Wonder what his future with APPLE is.

I really like the piano ad.

I absolutely loved the piano ad! Somehow made me want one like a million times more lol.

This might be the hottest item of the Christmas shopping season.

I also thought the piano ad, during the keynote, was great! Absolutely polished and powerful; I'm sure they'll sell tons and tons of the Mini's!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.