Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Posts Revised iPhone NDA Agreement and Readying iPhone 2.2 Beta 2 Firmware

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has posted a new iPhone developer agreement as previously promised. One of the developer agreements has been posted publicly, though another is only available to registered developers. The new agreement appears to limit what is considered "confidential information" primarily to Apple's pre-release software:
You agree that any Apple pre-release software (including related documentation and materials) and any information disclosed by Apple to you in connection with Apple Events or Paid Content (defined below) will be considered and referred to as “Apple Confidential Information”.
Apple also restricts "Apple Events" and "Paid Content" which appears to include premium content such as WWDC (which has always been under Non Disclosure). The change is intended to allow the publication of iPhone tutorials, books and collaboration that had previously been restricted by Apple's original agreement.

Meanwhile there have been some mixed reports that Apple has already seeded iPhone 2.2 Firmware Beta 2. If not available now, it appears the update will be available soon for iPhone developers.

iPhone 2.2 Beta 1 had included frameworks for a number of new features including Google Street View and Japanese Emoji icons.

Article Link: Apple Posts Revised iPhone NDA Agreement and Readying iPhone 2.2 Beta 2 Firmware

techpr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
San Juan, PR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

I want Push Notification Service!

Comment

Luke1robb

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2008
Cambridge, MA/Smithfield, RI
When will 2.2 arrive?

Does anyone know the actual days of the week that all the previous firmwares were released on? I ask this wondering if Apple has selected a day that they usually update the firmware on, kinda like they do Tuesdays for hardware and new products. Also, I have a feeling we will see 2.2 either before the end of the month or in the first couple days of November. I agree with others that have posted in the forums that this long wait (late since the end of Sept.) means that Steve is making sure this firmware is top notch. This thing will have little to no problems and I have a weird feeling we might see another feature that hasn't been mentioned yet. It's coming time for holiday season and as Apple did last year, they might be looking to add functionality that adds more appeal to potential adopters. Any thoughts?

Comment

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
Well it's a good thing Apple is keeping up with these iUpdates... I doubt copy/paste will be part of 2.2 though. Still seems far off to me. :(

Comment

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I'd rather have copy and paste before stupid sluggish Flash

I also couldn't care less about MMS

Also, some more sound options would be nice... like being able to add my own SMS message sounds... I'm tired of the crappy ones Apple chose for us.

Comment

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

"The change is intended to allow the publication of iPhone tutorials, books and collaboration that had previously been restricted by Apple's original agreement."

"iPhone 2.2 Beta 1 had included frameworks for a number of new features including Google Street View"

iPhone instuction booklets will be nice, as we will be able to learn about hundreds of "unpublished features."

Google Street View? How long is that going to take to download??? :eek: :confused:

Comment

kyleb822

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
im just waiting for push notifications and copy/paste! and maybe some nice new features....any time apple...any time now

Comment

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Does anyone know the actual days of the week that all the previous firmwares were released on? I ask this wondering if Apple has selected a day that they usually update the firmware on, kinda like they do Tuesdays for hardware and new products. Also, I have a feeling we will see 2.2 either before the end of the month or in the first couple days of November. I agree with others that have posted in the forums that this long wait (late since the end of Sept.) means that Steve is making sure this firmware is top notch. This thing will have little to no problems and I have a weird feeling we might see another feature that hasn't been mentioned yet. It's coming time for holiday season and as Apple did last year, they might be looking to add functionality that adds more appeal to potential adopters. Any thoughts?

I think that with 2.1 released, the urgency for bug fixes and feature adds dropped from URGENT to 'eh', so yeah, I'd bet that they're going to make super-certain that everything works perfectly this time. There's just no reason to rush it out the door, unlike last time when there totally was.

Comment

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I bet it will have an updated calculator before we get push notification. :p

Comment

cyberakuma

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2006
...aside from being the wails and cries of many Americans during this economy, it's also me pleading to Steve for some damn Flash support!

I'm missing something.. why the heck do you want a iPhone "Flash Lite" app?

Comment

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
How about some Email Alias love?

MobileMe ain't that mobile if i can't choose which damn email address i want to send from.

Comment

eff pc

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
so september release of the push service went flying by. and still no basic phone features (MMS, a must have for me, and Copy and Paste). also flash would be nice but one better suited for the iphone not just thrown together. im willing to wait for quality. i like the idea of custom text ringtones too. and just a side note...apple remote app to work using bluetooth along with wifi (as of now u need some type of base station to link them) bluetooth direct connect would be nice for when you take you computer somewhere, hook it up to speakers and have no accessable wifi. im mostly excited about the push since it is coming eventually. maybe just a marketing scheme to promote sales around the holidays is why they are holding it off?

Comment

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Turned on the PS3 tonight and noticed an update to include flash. NickJR.com works great so now the kids can watch cartoons online, etc, etc. I really don't care if they add flash, but it would be nice for watching shows like on Nickjr.com.

Copy/Paste, would be nice but don't miss it to often.
MMS, don't care as I don't use it.

I like it when Apple is creative and just gives us stuff we didn't think about (and the stuff that is must have).

Comment

gilbert1020

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
California
I Wonder how many more Beta versions are going to be seeded
before the public sees 2.2. I hope to get Push, Copy Paste, and I'd really
love to see Flash, IPhone desperately needs that in order to be called the
best PDA on the market.​

Comment

gcliv

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
Forget all the new features, just fix the basics.

My call quality is still crap, I fluctuate between GPRS, Edge, and 3G faster than Han Solo can do the kessel run in a unit of distance, I drop more than half my calls, lack of multiple signatures, still can't pick default calendar, and I have many little GUI drawing errors (lags going into texts, etc).

MAKE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE WORK RIGHT!!!! It's the best device but the worst phone......

Comment

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
OK, I gotta do this:

"NDA Agreement" ... really? Non-disclosure agreement agreement? Boooooooooooooo. Someone got hit in the head with a NIC card while typing the headline. :)

- The Department of Redundancy Department

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.