Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Given the Apple stores are plucked right from the pages of an IKEA catalog, you'd have thought Sweden would be one of the first countries to get a store, not one of the last.

kerryb

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
jatte fint

about time too.

----------

Taby is way out in the burbs, I am surprised this store was not downtown Stockholm.

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
Not complaining at all but it's strange they wouldn't go for a bigger flagship store in Sweden. With the chic styling of the Scandinavians.

Adestro

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
Not complaining at all but it's strange they wouldn't go for a bigger flagship store in Sweden. With the chic styling of the Scandinavians.

I think the thing is that downtown Stockholm is swamped with Apple Premium Resellers already. Rumor is that Apple is also looking to get into NK, which would make sense.

Another old rumor is that Apple wanted to buy the Dramaten. That would have been awesome. :)

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Täby is not a "small" suburb. On top of that, Täby Centrum is one of the largest shopping malls in the Stockholm area. While it's true that it's not "downtown" Stockholm, it's only like 15 minutes with Roslagsbanan, come on..

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
That's great, when are we getting one in Ireland?

You'll trust us with the European headquaters here but not with an :apple: Store!

Crazy that there isn't one in the Republic. Especially since there IS at least one in Northern Ireland (Belfast). I'm not sure why they wouldn't put one in Dublin.

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
Wow, if Stockholm is just now getting its first :apple: store, it makes me even more pessimistic about seeing one in Riga anytime soon. :(

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Täby Centrum.. Never going to visit it! xD Was hoping for it to be put in the actual city. :I

Oh well we still have Digital Inn Sveavägen as premium reseller and apple service thingie anyway.

divinox

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2011
I think the thing is that downtown Stockholm is swamped with Apple Premium Resellers already. Rumor is that Apple is also looking to get into NK, which would make sense.

Another old rumor is that Apple wanted to buy the Dramaten. That would have been awesome. :)

Likely rumour. Not. =)

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Taby is NOTin Stockholm, it's a suburb .... A place where they have a cheap shopping mall for generic goods.

Well, it is in Stockholm County and the area code is 08... I'd say "in Stockholm" is accurate enough, especially considering how international this forum is...

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I am still waiting for one in Czech Republic. Although many people here hate Apple, there are still few who would buy their products. :)

Since you sell the CR so well I am amazed that Apple hasn't flooded the country with Applestores.

Ganksta1

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Been waiting for Apple store to come to Stockholm a long time. But really, Täby Centrum as its first location? thats just retarded. Sure its an expanding shopping area but thats like putting your first New York store in Brooklyn.

That second stockholm location they mention better come quick.

Not impressed.

fernan

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
Sweden
Äntligen !!

Yes !! Äntligen en apple store här i Sverige.

Finally an apple store in Sweden..

nice, I'll still buy mac computers from the US store the :)

But this is a huge step for Täby Centrum. It'll be packed with ppl.

Perfekt ju , som det ska va.

/F

----------

Been waiting for Apple store to come to Stockholm a long time. But really, Täby Centrum as its first location? thats just retarded. Sure its an expanding shopping area but thats like putting your first New York store in Brooklyn.

That second stockholm location they mention better come quick.

Not impressed.

Well i don't agree BUT they will surely put a store in Södermalm . they cannot miss that place for sure.

Lindberg

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Denmark, Aarhus
Should open one in Copenhagen, Denmark. There is several millions living in eastern Denmark and southern Sweden. But maybe Apple is avoiding Denmark because of the strict consumer laws we got.

Anki

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2012
Sweden
Glad we're getting a store but it's a shame it won't be a flag ship store.

I was just hoping for something more... impressive. :(

MeanAndy

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
That's great, when are we getting one in Ireland?

You'll trust us with the European headquaters here but not with an :apple: Store!

Too bloody right! Even if it was in Dublin, I'd still visit it!

We have just one retailer here in Cork and as nice as it is and as hard as it tries to look like an Apple store...it's not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.