Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is preparing to open its first retail store in the Chinese province of Hunan, according to a new official webpage on the company's website, as well as images shared on Twitter.

apple-store-hunan.jpg

The official webpage offers no date for when the store will launch; however, its opening could be relatively close given the store is plastered with marketing material in anticipation. Apple is advertising the store with the following tagline [translated]:
The first law to open your mind is that there is no law. In Changsha, it is a great truth not to set limits for Reiki. Apple Changsha welcomes all kinds of whimsical ideas to let go of their hands and feet and break out of their own world.
On its website, Apple offers wallpapers for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac to celebrate the store's opening. The new store will be the first retail store for the Hunan province.

Article Link: Apple Preparing to Open First Retail Store in Hunan Chinese Province

velocityg4

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Factory Direct outlet?
The Macbook case can be found on Etsy. Probably other places. The iPhone was some insanely priced custom painted iPhone 7 by Colorware that cost $1,899.

Edit: But I did find a similar skin with clear case on Etsy. At least for the iPhone XS.

h3ysw5nkan

macrumors 68000
Aug 17, 2016
For an Apple store located in China, I would have thought Apple would use at least one picture featuring a Chinese person on their webpage 🤷‍♂️
They are not big on identity stuff. If you go to China, Korea, or Japan, you will notice that ads and models are equally White and East Asian, like 50/50. They embrace Western culture, sans politics, more than you would think.

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
When I first read the headline, I thought it said "Retail Organ Store" 🤪 Does that mean that my subconscious perception of the logo is that is looks like wiggly squiggly guts?!

• Haha
Reactions: WiseAJ

velocityg4

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I hope not. There is a difference between an official logo and logo art.

For example, Tim often depicts himself as an Animoji, that doesn't mean he would use an Animoji on his official Apple executive profile page. That's absurd.

I like it and the old platinum white plastics. The computers just seemed more inviting. Actually until this thread. I wasn't aware of these vintage looking skins and cases.

RETRO SERIES SKINS/WRAPS FOR APPLE IMAC 24-INCH

APPLE RETRO WRAP/SKIN | iPhone Skins, iPad Skins, MacBook Skins

1629917284524.png

Attachments

• 1629916062481.png
    1629916062481.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 11

purplehaze0

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2011
Harrogate, England
I hope not. There is a difference between an official logo and logo art.

For example, Tim often depicts himself as an Animoji, that doesn't mean he would use an Animoji on his official Apple executive profile page. That's absurd.
True, ludicrous identities are childish . Kind regards to you WoodpeckerBaby. Andy

unclemax

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
>The first law to open your mind is that there is no law.

Politically incorrect and dangerous thing to say in China. You might think I am joking, but I’m not, look at the “lying flat” movement that got cracked on hard for saying they don’t want to work hard and participate in the rat race. I don’t want to dissect, but saying things like “there is no law” is definitely no bueno, then “opening your mind” is also dubious since only approved ideas are allowed and e.g. things like recreational drugs are under severe ban.

joelgs23

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
For an Apple store located in China, I would have thought Apple would use at least one picture featuring a Chinese person on their webpage 🤷‍♂️
They do have Asian representation on their homepage. However, I'm in Shanghai, so what I see might be different from what you see. When I go to apple.cn, I see several persons of various ethnicity, including Asian.

joelgs23

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
They are not big on identity stuff. If you go to China, Korea, or Japan, you will notice that ads and models are equally White and East Asian, like 50/50. They embrace Western culture, sans politics, more than you would think.
I've lived in China for the past 10 years, I can totally confirm this.

Reactions: h3ysw5nkan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.