Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
further going off topic here...

Originally posted by Backtothemac
No friggin way! I met Bobby in 1988 at the University of Alabama. He dated a friend of mine Rachel. I have had to much fun with those guys. One summer me and some friends went on the road following them, too much fun. I have not talked to them in a while, but think about them all the time. Ask Darin if he remembers Chuck. Man it is a small world! Do they still play down there at all? I would love to come and see them sometime.

I also used to live down there, in the quarter. I worked at the Tropical Isle and Funky Pirate as a doorman.

he he he....very small world indeed! Metal Rose doesn't do much these days for various reasons. Darrin joined up with this local band called Krush UK (actually having their cd release party this weekend at the HOB)...their website is www.krushuk.com. They also have another band composed of the same guys called The Molly Ringwalds...the greatest 80's band in the world.....www.themollyringwalds.com.

U know Bobby was on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in November or December of 2000? That whole crew went up to New York to cheer him on...

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: I find the Sound Sticks a bit too Freud

Originally posted by mischief
Two big schlongs and a womb that thumps..........:rolleyes: :confused: :p

Yeah... my buddies give me a hard time about that. When I first got them... they gave me a round or too. But then they linsoned to them. They are into pro Audi recording... so they aprechiate things like speakers.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Re: further going off topic here...

Originally posted by eyelikeart

he he he....very small world indeed! Metal Rose doesn't do much these days for various reasons. Darrin joined up with this local band called Krush UK (actually having their cd release party this weekend at the HOB)...their website is www.krushuk.com. They also have another band composed of the same guys called The Molly Ringwalds...the greatest 80's band in the world.....www.themollyringwalds.com.

U know Bobby was on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in November or December of 2000? That whole crew went up to New York to cheer him on...

Yea, I saw it, and nearly freaked! I was yelling the answers at him even though I knew that it was taped. I have been trying to get a hold of those guys, but the old number that I have for Bobby doesn't work anymore. I talked to Jonathon right after that, but haven't talked to Bobby in a while. I will check out Darin's new band. Tell everyone I said hey.

resm

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2002
Singapore
Re: From a former Apple retailer:

Originally posted by mischief

Cambridge Soundworks: VERY good sound all the way up to "window rattling" volume.

Note: Apple Pro speakers are too weak in their output to make the list. Good quality but limited low range and power.

The best sound we ever demo'd at the shop was BOTH the Altec-Lansings AND the Cambridge Soundworks with a 3rd party EQ. Those two sets filled each other's fade points in nicely.

yesssss.....I agreeeee !

The first thing I did when I got my iMac/800 I attached my Cambridge Soundworks speakers and I never lost a tear.
Mac speakers may look cool....but no way they can blast you away even with the woofer.

Cambridge Soundworks has the best Sound Quality/Prize products

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.