Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Backpedal, full speed.

You said "have had less than half the "years" to upgrade as XP users have". It looks to me like the same claim, in slightly different tense and word order.

XP users did not have a chance to upgrade before 30 January 2007, so the first 6 years of your "~9 years" is moot. Nonsense. Ludicrous.

Let's check the statistics in February, OK?

My bike still moves forward when I back pedal. I don't go for the cheap $50 dollar bikes that come in a box.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Backpedal, full speed.

You said "have had less than half the "years" to upgrade as XP users have". It looks to me like the same claim, in slightly different tense and word order.

No, I was simply refuting your ludicrous claim to 10.4 users having had "years" to upgrade, and have not:

People still on 10.4 have had years to upgrade, and have not. You seem to be trying to position "comfortable" as a Windows flaw, when statistics show lots of "comfortable" Apple OSX users.

The majority of them have, in contrast to your supposed "comfort zone." The same cannot be said for the Windows side.

10.4 users indeed have had less than half the years leading up to an upgrade path (to spell it out for you) than XP users have, and with considerably better results, though you have been side pedaling from this issue from the outset.

Checking the statistics in February will very likely not substantially alter what has not happened during the past several years.

We'll reaffirm who's narrow minded assertions are moot, nonsensical, and ludicrous, then.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
No, I was simply refuting your ludicrous claim to 10.4 users having had "years" to upgrade:

10.5.0 released: 26 October 2007
Today: 8 December 2009

Two years, forty-three days.

pwned.jpg

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
10.5.0 released: 26 October 2007
Today: 8 December 2009

Two years, forty-three days.

Hence, the majority upgraded within that comparatively short time span.

You claimed that they had not.

You've just inadvertently pwned yourself.

Side pedaling again, Shaw?

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Hence, the majority upgraded within the that comparatively short time span.

Side pedaling again, Shaw?

No, "side pedaling" would be to ignore the fact that you've been proven absolutely wrong about the "2 years" claim, and change the topic to a new argument.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
No, "side pedaling" would be to ignore the fact that you've been proven absolutely wrong about the "2 years" claim, and change the topic to a new argument.

No amount of back pedaling, nor side pedaling, will negate your erroneous blunder:

People still on 10.4 have had years to upgrade, and have not.

The argument, from the outset, was focused on the comparison of upgrade percentages between the two platforms.

It is you, who has been side pedaling and grasping at straws, yet ignoring the issue.

How typical.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
No amount of back pedaling will negate your erroneous blunder:

Originally Posted by AidenShaw
People still on 10.4 have had years to upgrade, and have not.

Erroneous blunder? I feel like I'm in an argument with Borat....

1. One in six Apple OSX users is still running 10.4
  2. They've had 2 years to upgrade
  3. If they're still running Apple OSX 10.4, then obviously they "have not" upgraded

What is erroneous?

I'm bowing out of this surreal argument - I don't need to have the last word, and the other readers won't want to see this go on and on and on and on....

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Erroneous blunder? I feel like I'm in an argument with Borat....

1. One in six Apple OSX users is still running 10.4 while 2 of 3 Windows users are still using XP
  2. They've had 2 years to upgrade while XP users (the majority) have had nine years to await an enticing upgrade (and are still waiting)
  3. If they're still running Apple OSX 10.4, then obviously they "have not" upgraded while the vast majority of XP users (Windows users) "have not" upgraded

What is erroneous?

Your implication that 10.4 users and XP users are on equal grounds in regard to upgrades, through loosely applied terms such as "years" and "people," is, perhaps, more deceptive, than erroneous - pathetic, nonetheless.

This has been the subject of debate, from the outset - yet you insist on downplaying the extent that a large percentage of 10.4 users have gone onto 10.5 and beyond, while flippantly disregarding the much smaller migration beyond XP.

Asserting that the two situations are comparable - that is beyond surreal.

os_share_0910-3a.png

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Your implication that 10.4 users and XP users are on equal grounds in regard to upgrades, through loosely applied terms such as "years" and "people," is, perhaps, more deceptive, than erroneous - pathetic, nonetheless.

This has been the subject of debate, from the outset - yet you insist on downplaying the extent that a large percentage of 10.4 users have gone onto 10.5 and beyond, while flippantly disregarding the much smaller migration beyond XP.

Asserting that the two situations are comparable - that is beyond surreal.

os_share_0910-3a.png

I swear you've implanted a dictionary into your head.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Regardez, the hypocrite.

Which dictionary, do you suppose, utilizes the verb "tooks?"

Epic.

Probably the same one that confuses the definition of renaissance as "growth" instead of "rebirth":

What are you talking about? Jobs wasn't even with Apple during the time of the Windows renaissance, as he was absent during the years 1985-97.

I ignored that when I first read it, because it's too petty to nit-pick grammar and typos on a forum - unless posts by the nit-picker are full of errors.

And I think that it's Regardez, l'hypocrit, by the way.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Probably the same one that confuses the definition of renaissance as "growth" instead of "rebirth":

Renaissance is perfectly appropriate, as Windows was QDOS, reborn.

And it's Regardez, l'hypocrit by the way.
LOL, try "l'hypocrite." (Comic Platinum)

The intermingling of French and English is well within the realm of common practice, during the 19-21st Centuries, used mostly for exclamatory purposes.

"L'hypocrite" would be a bit too pretentious, though, apparently, not for you.

Keep on chugging, lil' engine, try a little harder:

lilebook2.jpg

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Renaissance is perfectly appropriate, as Windows was QDOS, reborn.

Vous êtes pédalant en arrière.

The intermingling of French and English is well within the realm of common practice, during the 19-21st Centuries, used mostly for exclamatory purposes.

A lot of other bad practices are in common use, as well.

Keep on chugging, lil' engine, try a little harder

"Lil" is a kind of prefix and is the short form of "little". It is sometimes spelled with an apostrophe as "Li'l", or in the more common but incorrect form "Lil'". (link)

Keep digging yourself into that hole with those common bad practices....

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
A lot of other bad practices are in common use, as well.

Says he, who hypocritically misspells "l'hypocrite." :p:p:p

"Lil" is a kind of prefix and is the short form of "little". It is sometimes spelled with an apostrophe as "Li'l", or in the more common but incorrect form "Lil'". (link)

Just speaking down to your rudimentary level, lil' Aiden.

Keep digging yourself into that hole with those common bad practices....

"Vous êtes pédalant en arrière."

You seem to have pedaled deep into the confines of your own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.