Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this morning shared a new video ad on its YouTube channel, highlighting the Apple Card, which became available for all iPhone users in the United States last week.

In the spot, Apple goes over the features of the Apple Card, highlighting the Apple Card interface in the Wallet app. Apple Card is designed to offer up visual spend tracking, changing the color of the virtual card to match the categories that users are spending in.

Apple Card is here. It's a new kind of credit card, created by Apple, not a bank. With a better way to track where you spend. Daily Cash you get back every day. And a new level of privacy and security. Nice.
The ad shows off both the physical titanium card that can be used for in-store purchases and the Apple Card in the Wallet app, used for Apple Pay purchases.

Apple is likely to begin showing this ad on television, social media, and other locations in the near future in an effort to get additional users to sign up.

Apple Card is designed to simplify the credit card experience, offering up clear spend tracking and payment options to minimize the amount of interest spent. It offers cash back rewards that max out at 3 percent, and rewards are provided on a daily basis through Daily Cash.

For more on Apple Card, make sure to check out our full Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Promotes Apple Card in New Ad

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Unfortunately, they still are having issues with Enhanced Drivers Licenses/Real IDs (particularly, Minnesota/Washington/New York) and no resolution for those of us affected. I wish Apple would have a little more control over the support being offered by Goldman Sachs.

19callum93

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
I don’t like this new woman’s voice. I want Jony Ive! *sulking with folded arms*

Reactions: !!!

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
Needs a disclaimer at the end:
Please do not store your Apple Card in your pocket, in your wallet, in your purse, or in an environment that may contain dust, moisture, or air of any kind. Your Apple Card should be stored in an Apple-certified unicorn hide case with carbon ferrite lining.

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
Woah Marisa Robertson is a real person?! Man how well do you have to do at Apple to literally get your name on one of its products, even if it is just in marketing content?
[doublepost=1566839312][/doublepost]Got my card last week! It's beautiful and I've never loved handing a card to a cashier more than I do now :D

Reactions: 19callum93

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
I've had a seamless experience with the card so far. I had my doubts with Apple getting into this sector but having used the card for a week now I am really impressed with how polished it is and how well it integrates into iOS making payments in safari, other apps, and Apple Pay completely hassle-free. I could care less about the physical card, but of course it's pretty cool as well. I do love how it has no visible numbers on it.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I just removed my AppleCard from my Apple Wallet.

While I love the interface, tracking and the unique features that clearly came from Apple... I hate the lack of "Family Centric" stuff that also came from Apple. Apple simply doesn't understand how families work.
- No 2nd user. Spouse has to apply for her own
- No website support. Wallet has tons of info, but not enough to eliminate the need for a web interface
- No Quicken/Mint/Banking Software support.
- Family Spending. With two separate cards and no 3rd party support then how are you supposed to manage family expenses? With the calculator on your iPad?!?!

I dont hate the card at all. I think much of it is very clever and convenient. But, just like iCloud Photos and iPad Logins, it just doesn't seem to be made for people in stable families.

Last edited:

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.

While I love the interface, tracking and the unique features that clearly came from Apple... I hate the lack of "Family Centric" stuff that also came from Apple. Apple simply doesn't understand how families work.
- No website support. Wallet has tons of info, but not enough to eliminate the need for a web interface
- Family Spending. With two separate cards and no 3rd party support then how are you supposed to manage family expenses? With the calculator on your iPad?!?!

I dont hate the card at all. I think much of it is very clever and convenient. But, just like iCloud Photos and iPad Logins, it just doesn't seem to be made for people in stable families.

(Bonus Complaint - Instant CashBack isnt as exciting as I thought it would be. I made 30cents yesterday with the AppleCard. That 30cents is so little that its pretty much evaporated into my daily expenses. With my current Citibank I'm at $850 in cash back rewards that I can cash out in February. Accumulating rewards is always a fun treat that is almost lost in these tiny daily Apple rewards. Maybe we should get an option to let it stack?)

Wait a second... You mean to tell me that you didn’t know any of that stuff before you applied? So many articles said that there was no second user options / website support / 3rd party software support etc.

Seems like you kind of dropped the ball considering you’re all about “family features”.

Also, if you just let the Daily Cash sit there and don’t look at it then obviously it’ll rack up over time. You just got the card Lol. You can’t compare it to your Citi $850 in rewards.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
...Instant CashBack isnt as exciting as I thought it would be. I made 30cents yesterday with the AppleCard. That 30cents is so little that its pretty much evaporated into my daily expenses. With my current Citibank I'm at $850 in cash back rewards that I can cash out in February. Accumulating rewards is always a fun treat that is almost lost in these tiny daily Apple rewards. Maybe we should get an option to let it stack?)
Not sure why you applied without learning more about card... The specific complaint about cash back seems a bit reaching though. It's up to you to let cash back build up. (Of course other cards may offer higher percent for certain categories- however still small amounts if you saw the breakdown day by day.)

I've let cash back build up on my Apple Cash and will transfer it to bank after a larger amount is there. Using Apple Card for all my day to day purchases and even to pay a couple bills has built up my cash back pretty quickly. IMO it's still much easier than having to log in to typical bank website, select rewards/amount and redeem.

Last edited:

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I’ve had my card a few weeks now. I like the physical card. I thought it would be silver in color but because its Apple, white is no surprise. I have it in my wallet (I use a minimalist FIDELO wallet) between my Concealed weapon permit and social security cards. Is there an Omen there???
A lot of people are complaining about credit limits and APRs. Give it a few months and call Apple Card support and ask if they can raise your credit limits or lower APR. This whole program is only starting and bugs need to be worked out. As good as Apple prepares for launches of products and services, things can still go wrong. It’s easy to ridicule but that’s usually done because of some issue that person is having. I don’t want to get into a pissing contest so I’ll end there.
I believe in the near future you will see a web based feature to manage your Apple Card account as well as integration with apps like Mint. There is an old saying ”you can eat a whole elephant but you must do it one bite at a time”.

Last edited:

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
For the most part, I've had great success with my Apple card. Apple Pay is surprisngly accepted at many places. Otherwise, the chip or swipe has been great.

The only hiccup I've run into is at a discount rental car place. They:
Didn't accept Apple Pay
Didn't have a chip reader
Needed a card by a "Major" bank
Needed my name and number on the card

Needless to say, should I be surprised I got bad service at a discount rental car place? They are obviously way behind the times.

As far as Apple Card integration with the phone, no one has ever done it better. No other mobile bank app is even close to how good the Apple card app works. It's vibrant, clear, easy to understand. It just makes sense.

Reactions: Robert.Walter

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I've had a seamless experience with the card so far. I had my doubts with Apple getting into this sector but having used the card for a week now I am really impressed with how polished it is and how well it integrates into iOS making payments in safari, other apps, and Apple Pay completely hassle-free. I could care less about the physical card, but of course it's pretty cool as well. I do love how it has no visible numbers on it.

couldn't agree more. i'm enjoying it very much. love the silly color changes too)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I applied a week ago and have heard nothing.

Maybe due to the amount of influx of applications, it’s taking longer for some and your credit report could be a factor as well. Either way, if you haven’t heard anything past seven business days, then I would contact them for a status update.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I just received my physical card today and it was actually thinner than I thought it'd be, which was a nice surprise. I have, however, made a handful of Apple Pay purchases and everything works as I expected it to. Seems pretty nice so far and I've even racked up a few dollars in daily cash.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago

(Bonus Complaint - Instant CashBack isnt as exciting as I thought it would be. I made 30cents yesterday with the AppleCard. That 30cents is so little that its pretty much evaporated into my daily expenses. With my current Citibank I'm at $850 in cash back rewards that I can cash out in February. Accumulating rewards is always a fun treat that is almost lost in these tiny daily Apple rewards. Maybe we should get an option to let it stack?)
Give it time for more of those kinds of features. This is the first week of them having Apple Card at all. Your Citibank has been accumulating for (I imagine) awhile. If you looked at those daily you'd also see them only slowly accrue. I have "made" $6.96 since getting the Apple Card.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
1 small thing I really like about the card is that it just shows you total balance and available. None of this nonsense where you have to wait for things to clear to be added to the balance. Does it all instantly, don't have to subtract or anything.

Like I said, small. But I much prefer it this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.