Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week began highlighting exclusive offers that are available for Apple Card holders, with the offerings presented right in the Wallet app when accessing the Apple Card.

apple-card-discounts.jpg

As noted by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Apple is offering Apple Card users free access to Apple News+ and unlimited coffee with any order from Panera bread.

This feature is still in the process of rolling out, and tapping on the "Learn More" button leads to a broken link so the full terms of the Apple News+ deal are unknown.

Apple has offered special promotions for Apple Card users before, usually in the form of extra cash back from select merchants or discounted prices on digital goods.

Extra cash back deals are also shown right in the Apple Card interface like the Apple News+ offer, but this appears to be the first time that Apple has advertised one of its own services to Apple Card holders directly in the Wallet app.

It's not unusual for credit card companies to offer discounts and deals to their customers on various products, but Apple is in the unique position of having credit card customers and services to promote to its credit card users.

Article Link: Apple Promoting Exclusive Deals for Apple Card Users in the Wallet App

Kkspire

macrumors regular
May 19, 2016
I always dig the Walgreens stuff for apple. Good cash back and good deals at Walgreens if you’re looking right. Also, adidas.

Reactions: hamburg040

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
as long as 'notifications' for wallet which is helpful today because I like seeing a charge go through or seeing an Apple Card payment go through but if they start using the system notifications for ads, I'm going to be pretty annoyed.

riptidewahoo

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
I'm on Apple One and notice I generally get a $4.99 credit every month for Apple TV+. Wish this promo would knock another $9.99 off for Apple News+ but it won't let me redeem the code due to my Apple One sub.

jlc1978

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2009
The good thing is you can cancel anytime and still get the frees subscription.

Reactions: TropN

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
Every time I try to redeem the offer, it tells me I have to update my subscription details. My Apple Card and other cards are valid in Apple Pay, I have plenty of other active subscriptions. Goes in this weird loop, never lets me redeem the offer.

Edit - finally, and I'm not sure what triggered it, but I was asked to sign in to redeem the offer while on my Home Screen? Then it asked for my password again, and said I had already redeemed the offer. Weird.

Reactions: peanuts_of_pathos
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.