- Apr 12, 2001
In an audio webcast conference call today, Apple is announcing its 2006 Q1 financial results, covering the last 14 weeks of 2005.
Apple reported its highest-ever revenue and earnings.
Highlights, with 2005 Q1 for comparison:
- Macs shipped: 1,254,000 (20% growth over 2005 Q1)
- iPods shipped: 14,043,000 (207% growth over 2005 Q1)
- Revenue: $5.75 billion, 40% from international sales ($3.49 billion in 2005 Q1)
- Net quarterly profit: $565 million ($295 million in 2005 Q1)
- Gross margin: 27.2% (28.5% in 2005 Q1)
From Steve Jobs, Apple CEO:
From Peter Oppenheimer, Apple CFO:We are thrilled to report the best quarter in Apple's history. Two highlights of an incredible quarter were selling 14 million iPods and getting ready to launch our new Macs with Intel processors five to six months ahead of expectations. We are working on more wonderful products for 2006, and I can't wait to see what our customers think of them.
We're very pleased to report year-over-year revenue growth of 65 percent and net income that was nearly twice the year-ago level. Looking ahead to the second quarter of fiscal 2006, we expect revenue of about $4.3 billion.