Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Original poster
Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Installed yet? At work so I cant update to see what it does - hoping it fixes the dropping wireless issues... and freezing genre lists under streamed movies....

I just got it installed and don't see any differences jumping out at me.

I was not having dropped wireless issues, so don't know if it helps with that.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Anyone else see this update? Anyone notice any changes? I am at work, so cannot check it out yet.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
downloaded very quickly. ~ 1 minute. I don't see any obvious changes.

arn

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Apples forums has a report from one user that says:

"Don't use 5 Ghz so I can't comment there, but it's fixed the slow scrolling in 'my movie' genres."

Hope thats true:) It was unusable before on my end (15 to 20 second freeze every time you switched genres)

mkjellman

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2003
took me 5 minutes to download on a university connection. maybe their servers are getting pounded.

With 2.0.1 i had been having problems with airtunes and itunes randomly disconnecting every 3-5 songs. hitting play would start the music again. Hopefully this resolves the slight instability in airtunes.

also: my unit restarted 5 times during the update process (aka, i saw the apple logo 5 times in between no signal on the tv)

update: menu's feel much smoother to me. much smoother.

kellyrev

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2008
Apple really needs to separate Music Videos from general Music.

I've got 70 music videos and over 13,000 songs. Every time the menu scrolls and lands on a band that contains a music video it takes any where up to 5-10 seconds to load. Very annoying.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Man, I sure hope it fixes some of the random glitches that I've experience since getting my 40GB two weeks ago. All sorts of lockups, loosing connection to iTunes, not always showing all my iTunes content, etc. And I'm all ethernet connected too. :(

blend1976

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2008
There is now a setting for 1080p. I am pretty sure that wasn't there before...but sorry if I am wrong.

statler

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
It does not fix the problem where Apple TV won't show up in iTunes devices. At least not on my mac. :mad:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I personally like the 1.x interface with rotating icons and a list of menus better. I'm not a big fan of the left right double pane with the whatever you saw last background fade. The icons were much better. But we're just talking gui here not functionality. 2.x rocks otherwise.

mugwump

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2004
I hope it fixes the network dropping issue if the basestation was set for "wide" channel.

Anyone else annoyed with the numerous menu items geared towards iTunes store items, when all you want is the one "my music" option?

Divindude

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
I turned on wide-channels on my extreme, and sync'd a large movie (2gb) to my AppleTv without any dropout. Prior to this update, if I used wide-channels, it would never finish synching it .. would always time-out in different places on the same movie. Seems to be fixed??!?!?!?!!?!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.