MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

100721-businessweek_apple_500.jpg

In Bloomberg BusinessWeek's fourth annual customer service rankings released late last week, Apple placed third behind catalog retail site L.L. Bean and insurance company USAA, a new high for the company. According to the report, which combined data from consumer satisfaction firm J.D. Power with survey results from over 1,000 of the magazine's own readers, Apple scored A+ ratings for both "quality of staff" and "efficiency of service".
The company's sleek devices and user-friendly software aren't its only innovations. Appointments at Apple's (AAPL) "Genius Bars" and its roving in-store checkout clerks are just two ways the company has pioneered new approaches to customer service. The iPhone maker is likely got a bump this year as more companies created customer-friendly apps for their own services, helping to burnish Apple's customer service brand.
Other metrics included in the survey were the percentage of survey respondents who would "definitely recommend" the Apple brand (66%) and "definitely repurchase" from Apple (58%). The only other computer manufacturer to make the list of top 25 companies was Dell, which checked in at #23.

Apple improved from 20th place in last year's study on the basis of strong improvement in the "quality of staff" category. Apple had ranked 21st in 2008 and 18th in 2007.

Article Link: Apple Ranks Third in BusinessWeek Customer Service Rankings

mondesi43

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
Congrats to Apple
Hard to believe with all the bitching and moaning that goes on in here :)

People usually don't praise companies 'just because' on forums. If they do they're fan boys. I take all the female dogging and complaining with a 50lb block of salt.

Comment

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
People usually don't praise companies 'just because' on forums. If they do they're fan boys. I take all the female dogging and complaining with a 50lb block of salt.

Exactly, and that is why my comment was tongue in cheek
While all of the complainers here feel they are in the vast majority
They are in fact a very small minority

Comment

Erwin-Br

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2008
The Netherlands
That's good news. Congrats, Apple!

Fortunately I haven't had to experience Apple's user support yet, because my stuff is still working. I hope it'll stay that way. :p

Comment

Colrath

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Nevada
Not something that surprises me.

While I had to technically wait in line while buying my iPhone, it didn't really feel like it because I was still shopping at the same time. In fact, I wasn't done browsing when the time came around to actually slide my card and purchase my iPhone and I stuck around a bit longer. It was recommended that I stick around for 5-10min to make sure my service had come online anyways.

When my 15" 2008 MBP had that dreaded green line on the screen due to a manufacturing error, I've never had such an easy time getting a part on my computer replaced (First Apple product I've owned in 15 years). For almost the exact same problem with an HP monitor, the store I had bought it from would not take it back, I had to wait for a cardboard coffin to come in, mail it in, then get it mailed back.

24 hour turn around vr 5-10 business day turnaround = obvious winner.

Comment

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
2 weeks ago i went to the apple store to swap my mighty (clogged) mouse for a new one under apple care. i had to make an appointment and wait 20 minutes to do this. finally, they didn't have any in stock. :(

when i returned a broken coffee maker to Canadian Tire, i certainly didn't have to wait for an appointment with any type of "genius" to exchange it.

/bitter rant

Comment

BaronStein

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2010
NY
This isn't a big surprise, it is an obvious truth. Nice to see that someone out there appreciates this.

Comment

Digitalclips

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2006
Sarasota, Florida
Exactly, and that is why my comment was tongue in cheek
While all of the complainers here feel they are in the vast majority
They are in fact a very small minority

Some are more than likley paid to contiously try to create negative feelings in top Apple blogs by certain companies. It is nieve to think otherwise given the damage Apple's gains cause these companies.

Comment

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
From 20th to 3rd. Wow. Kudos Apple. Next comes the iPad with the cleaned up App Store. No wonder Steve is excited for 2010's releases. I'd have to agree with all of this, even though there sure has been a lot of complaining lately of various things, evidently the masses think otherwise.

Comment

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Yet more objective evidence that MacRumors is populated in large part by non-representative malcontents.

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Certainly, offering free support through their stores makes them tough to beat. Now of they would fix that lousy 90 days of phone support (unless you buy AppleCare) when you buy a new product.

Comment

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
That's great news.

As I've said again and again, people have to take those fake "horror" stories with a grain of salt.

Comment

redsxtreme

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010
go apple. I've never had a problem with them.

Had a problem with my first iPhone and they replaced it right away, had to sign my name on a piece of paper and that was it. He went into the back brought out a new iPhone, activated it and said here you go. A+ Service. :apple:

Comment

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
2 weeks ago i went to the apple store to swap my mighty (clogged) mouse for a new one under apple care. i had to make an appointment and wait 20 minutes to do this. finally, they didn't have any in stock. :(

when i returned a broken coffee maker to Canadian Tire, i certainly didn't have to wait for an appointment with any type of "genius" to exchange it.

/bitter rant
Yeah. "genius" bar and having to make an appointment (which they can never seem to make on time; make a noon appointment and they don't talk to you til 12:20, but if you arrive past your time, SOL) just to talk to someone is just about one of the more annoying aspects of any customer service experience around. Apple store is pretty last-resort imo. Then again I'm not much of a "shopper". They do take care of you on the phone though, if you win the native-english-speaker lottery.

Comment

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Cough.:rolleyes: Yeah - it's because everyone who buys Apple products is already a fanboy.

Being an iPhone developer and a owner of an iPhone, iPod and macbook, I can honestly say that Apple is one of the WORST companies to deal with. It's a big black arrogant single minded hole on non-information that spews forth. And their products are no more or less realiable or innovative than any other product I own.

These things are all about MARKETING, and of course Apple's the best in the business at that. Remember, this is a company that make it seem like every COMMERCIAL AD that they put out an EVENT, and all the sites like this BELIEVE that!:eek:

Tony

Comment

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Cough.:rolleyes: Yeah - it's because everyone who buys Apple products is already a fanboy.

Being an iPhone developer and a owner of an iPhone, iPod and macbook, I can honestly say that Apple is one of the WORST companies to deal with. It's a big black arrogant single minded hole on non-information that spews forth. And their products are no more or less realiable or innovative than any other product I own.

These things are all about MARKETING, and of course Apple's the best in the business at that.

Tony
Seems more likely that you're just a non-representative malcontent;).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.