Apple: Read This (Suggestions for improving iOS 7)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gogurt48, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I have no idea whether Apple hires people to read message boards like this one, looking for feedback and suggestions, but if I were them, I would. They can certainly afford it, and you never know where a great idea might come from. I've seen quite a few here already.

So, in the hope that Apple does have people reading these boards, I thought it might be a good idea to have a single thread where we can post our suggestions for improving iOS 7.

I'll start by repeating my suggestion that the "frosted glass" dock should be replaced with a tinted dock. This would look better, in my opinion, and would not interfere with the wallpaper. It would also avoid the problem that the current dock has of sometimes taking on an ugly color when used with some wallpapers.

Attached Files:

2. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

Instead of living in hope, why not go down the right channel and send your feedback via http://www.apple.com/feedback/

3. Gogurt48, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

That's fine, too. Let's do both!

EDIT: I submitted my feedback directly to Apple, as you suggested.

4. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

I don't like that new dock you posted OP. So instead why not suggest for a customization option for people like YOU whom don't like the dock. The frosted glass looks nice IMO. An easy workaround is not to use an ugly wallpaper. -_-

5. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I like your mockup of the tinted dock. Unfortunately I think Apple his hooked on the blurs (or frosting look) that are part of the iOS basic design. The blurs differentiate iOS 7 from all other mobile OS's. I don't think they'll let go of any of the blurring.

6. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I like the current iOS 7 dock better so hopefully apple doesn't read this. Just because YOU want something doesn't mean the rest of the iOS population will agree.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I don't mind the dock the way it is...but what I would like to see it the Control Centre completely fill the screen when opened, I think Apple could fit more settings/shortcuts (or something) in the little space in at the top when in portrait orientation.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

The current dock is too noticeable on the screen--stands out a bit much against the wallpaper--and it would be good if it was a little less so, either through some more transparency or tinting of some sort or something like that. But, sure, there will be people that will like all kinds of designs.

9. fivedots macrumors 6502a

The biggest problem with the new dock design is that it provides obvious and distinct visual separation in an area where it is not needed. It's superfluous and adds clutter.

Perceptually, it also makes the phone appear smaller, for whatever the psychological impact is worth.

10. Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I hope they'll make an exception here because it's the only place where the blur gets in the way. In the case of the passcode screen, the Notification Center and the Control Center, those all have to be fairly opaque so we can see what's written on them. In those cases, the blur works. In the dock, though, it just obscures our content, namely, our wallpaper, for no reason.

11. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Again, If Apple followed people advises, requests, changes, etc. etc. it wouldn't be the big company it is now.

Nobody cared about an iPad (just another tablet right), people made fun of MobileMe (now iCloud is so good), even the first iPhone (no stylus pen), over priced products (worth in quality), Apple Maps (better and better every day).

Apple is like an Authoritarian Boss, it does what he wants and doesn't listens to anyone, that's how great companies are made, that's how the richest people in the world are, they aren't always right, but most of the time they are and if a product fails, they will create a new one.

People have been asking for changes since the first iPhone, and guess what, Apple makes the changes Apple wants to make when they want to make them, most of the time Apple does not solve a necessity for the people, instead, they create a new one like the iPad or the iPhone, people can't live without this devices.

Apple products are not customizable, not OS X, not iOS, they don't even have the option to change the battery, Apple sells the products like they want to and is up to the people to buy them or not.

12. Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Of course. There's never going to be unanimous agreement on any aesthetic choice.

13. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

I have a suggestion as well; what if iOS 7 looked more like this?

[​IMG]

I know it sounds crazy but I think it might catch on. ;)

14. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I really like the look of iOS 7, that iOS 6 screen is almost difficult to look at.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nothing really wrong with it. Most of us are just used to it and looking for change mostly for the sake of change to have something new to look at and not much more.

16. GenesisST macrumors 68000

GenesisST

17. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

TBF, i was a bit dubious about iOS 7 when i read all the negative comments about it.

I went ahead and paid the Dev fee and installed it, and now i love it!

When i look at the iOS 6 above i think that now looks rubbish, i think you have to use iOS 7 and focus on the positives it has, then you'll love it just like i do!

“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” Barack Obama

18. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

That's life, when it comes to design, no matter what (clothes, architecture, cars, electronics, furniture, etc) will change over time, and sometimes just for the sake of change, and then, it changes again, and then, it comes back, and just like that, it goes away, again.

19. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

After using iOS 7 for a month, I gotta say... iOS 6 is pretty damn ugly.

20. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

lol I believe Jobs was the first to hate the iPad idea. Apple Maps is also still a joke. iCloud is useful. But only useful because the iPhone cannot use Dropbox as a cloud based storage device for its applications.

21. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Is that you Scott?

22. cleo1 macrumors regular

Frosted dock can look great, depending on choice of wallpaper

Attached Files:

23. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

you guys are basically repeating the same thing, I think the OP got it by the 4th post saying that it's not what everyone wanted.

24. appleisking macrumors 6502a

You know nothing about Jobs if you think he hated the iPad idea. He wanted to make it before the iphone, but decided on the phone first. In fact he's been obsessed with the tablet idea forever and when he was told about multitouch he knew it was the perfect time to reinvent it. Apple Maps is fine for me, depends on your area.

25. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

All I want to be able to do is view the date next to the time on the top status bar.

Done.