Apple refurb store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pballer110, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Hey im looking to buy a new 15" macbook pro and i was looking at the refurb store, it seems i can get a better setup for less then using my student discount. Has anyone ever ordered from here? Will i basically be getting a new computer or will there be some dings and scratches?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You will get a unit that has been returned for x,y or z reason. It may come with a tiny dent or scratch. However, you have a computer with full 1 year warranty on it. Furthermore, this machine is guaranteed to be better than a new unit because units in the refurb store go through even more rigorous quality control testing than normal units.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Just bought a 2.53 MBP a few weeks ago. 4g RAM and 250g HD. It's been great and have seen no issues. Definitely no scratches! And it comes with the same warranty. I think you'll find there are many satisfied customers of the refurb store.

4. Pballer110 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I also wanted to know if there is a big difference from the glossy screen and the antiglare hi res screen. Is it worth shelling out the extra cash for the hi res screen?

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Higher resolution means more real estate in your screen, in other words, more windows open and see more things. If that matters, go for it; else, you don't really need it.

6. ingramLee macrumors regular

What?!?! I have ordered 4 computers from the refurb store and I have NEVER seen one scratch or dent in in ANY of them.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Notice the "it may"