Apple refuses to repair MacBook Pro 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZebOfMac, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Hello,

I have been trying to get my MacBook Pro worked on for several months. I am having popping noises out of my speakers and Apple can not seem to hear them. Have requested a quite room and have set up times to come in only to not have a room ready. Today I checked and they have now canceled my repair.

What options are out there? Getting ready to send a message to the steve jobs email addy for complaints, but this is getting really old.

2. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

call customer service try to be trans, to a higher up apple customer service rep.

3. ZebOfMac thread starter macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

1. Are you under warranty?
    2. If yes, did you go to apple store?
    3. If not, why not?

5. erphan macrumors newbie

Call the Apple Corporate Switchboard at 408.996.1010
    Ask to speak to Customer Relations
    If your request is anywhere near valid, they'll help you.

6. ZebOfMac thread starter macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Still under the first year, yes went to the apple store that is where the problem is. They have already tried voiding my warranty due to upgrading HDD and Ram.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Why did the cancel your appointment? That's the first question you should ask. Stop jumping into conclusions

8. ZebOfMac thread starter macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

This has been going on for about six months now and I am getting close to the end of the original warranty period.

It took me four hours on the phone just to get my warrany back after they voided the warranty from the HDD and Ram.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Call Applecare directly and ask to speak with a manager and clearly explain your situation.

Then take it from their. Don't jump conclusions. Also, AppleCare reps are much nicer and friendly than some of the douches at the stores.

10. ZebOfMac thread starter macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Is it such a thing to have reliable people in the stores?

Our local store I believe has the rudest and most thin skinned people ever.

11. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Give them all 1's in your follow-up email survey, they usually require a manager or someone to call a customer when they've had a terrible experience. Can you try another store? I doubt you'd have a similar experience again.

12. ZebOfMac thread starter macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

As of right now they are paying for another company to look at the computer. Just to see if they can hear the same noise everyone else is hearing but not the apple store. So it is off to see them....

Will update after I get back from that apt.

13. ZebOfMac thread starter macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

So the new tech at the service center can hear the popping from the speaker. Amazing that a Genius is unable to hear it...

So apple is getting really horrible about doing repairs and keeping the customers happy. I believe they need to close a lot of the apple stores due to the idiots they are having work there.