Apple Relaunches Download Area for Tiger

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
I'm just waiting here to see if my order status is ever going to change from "Processing Order", and I'm waiting until midnight to capture the Home Page when it changes probably. I have nothing else to do, so why not? Glad to see the Download page is up, again, I didn't get a good glimpse at it last time. Also, good luck to Apple with the success of Tiger, hopefully it creates alot more switchers out there!

See you guys in the forums!

Skyler

Tcnorman

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2004
Minneapolis
Hurry Up

Apple just likes to tease us and make us think we are going to get Tiger early, then they make us think that we will get it late, now I think I am going to get it friday and I can't wait anymore. I am very jealous of all of you who have received Tiger already.

swissmann

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2003
The Utah Alps
These items are making Tiger more impressive. It seems like it will be a lot of work as more things are added to decide which to add and what is not needed. Also I wonder how much HD space Tiger with all the goodies takes up?

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
This download area is very cool. The dashboard widgets make me much more excited. I am realizing dashboard may have WAY more potential than I originally gave it credit for.

Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day!

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA
My two favorite Widgets so far are the WiFi hotspots and SMS. There are a lot of free hotspots around my house that I wasn't even aware of, and it's nice to send text messages from my computer without even using my phone. I've really enjoyed these widgets! I'm fortunate that Tiger came early and I've had a full day to play with the OS.

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Hm

Anyone out there still show up as "Processing Order" that used the up-to-date program? I better get my Tiger tomorrow, I'm really hoping they're wrong about my Order Status....

samzerb

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2005
where's the ebay widget!?

I can't believe an EBAY WIDGET wasn't one of the first ones off the production line!? I wish I was capable of writing my own, or I would. is anyone up to the task? or know where i can score one? I'd love a way to be able to keep up on my auctions w/o having to slog through ebay's horrible UI.

Tcnorman

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2004
Minneapolis
samzerb said:
I can't believe an EBAY WIDGET wasn't one of the first ones off the production line!? I wish I was capable of writing my own, or I would. is anyone up to the task? or know where i can score one? I'd love a way to be able to keep up on my auctions w/o having to slog through ebay's horrible UI.
Yeah come on smart people, get on top of things. We want EBAY WIDGET. Make it cool looking as well. Thanks I would like that

bathysphere

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2003
i'm surprised some of these things cost money. i guess it's up to the discression of the developer, and some of the spotlight plugins and whatnot i think are more like references to updated applications which include those plugins and widgets, but some of the things (photoshop automator actions) are just kind of rediculously priced it seems. i just assumed most of this stuff would be free.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Having loaded Tiger, I clicked on "More Widgets", and was directed to an Apple page which demanded a password. Not user-friendly.
I'd be wary of Tiger: it's broken my Safari, Preview doesn't show the right Thumbnails, Spotlight is VERY flaky. Be warned. You may be better off sticking with 10.3 until they've sorted Tiger out. :(