MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

aperture_3.jpg
Apple today released Aperture 3.2, updating its professional-level photo editing and management application for OS X to support compatibility with the newly-released iOS 5 software and iCloud services.
Aperture 3.2 supports compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5. This update also addresses minor stability, performance and compatibility issues, including:

- Resolves an issue that could cause the "Loading" indicator to reappear in the Viewer when cropping a photo
- Aperture now automatically relaunches into Full Screen mode if the application was in Full Screen mode when last quit
- Pinch-to-zoom gesture now automatically activates Zoom mode in the Viewer
- Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in the Viewer
- Microsoft Outlook can now be chosen in Preferences as the application used by Aperture for emailing photos
- Fixes a problem that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to quit unexpectedly when using brushes to apply adjustments
- Loupe now correctly displays magnification levels between 50-100%.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to display the incorrect color profile on externally edited images
- Import window now includes an option to delete photos from iPhone and iPad after they have been imported into Aperture
- The Lift & Stamp tool now displays the correct cursor icons when being used in Split View and Viewer only modes

The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518.
Aperture 3.2 weighs in at 635.76 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or OS X 10.7.2.

Article Link: Apple Releases Aperture 3.2 with Compatibility for iOS 5 and iCloud

jimbobb24

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Busy day for Apple.

Comment

Snowcat001

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
I've got a very fast network but the download is soooo slow :(

Love updates though, hope Aperture 4 comes out next year!

Comment

mmzplanet

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Florida
People keep asking what all is changed today.... I think my default short answer is pretty much... "Everything"

If it has an :apple: on it.... There is probably an update for it.

Comment

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Make sure you go into the Preferences in Aperture, Photostream and optionally deselect Automatic Import and Automatic Upload.

I process a lot of RAW files and only would like certain pictures to be available to photo stream. Other projects I would not want on photo stream at all.

I wish Apple will let us delete individual photos permanently from photo stream - I predict some sort of action against Apple from privacy advocates. (EDIT) - Since I posted this, I figured out that there is an option to delete the entire photo stream using the iCloud website. It still would be nice to delete individual photos though.

Last edited:
Comment

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
Make sure you go into the Preferences in Aperture, Photostream and optionally deselect Automatic Import and Automatic Upload.

I process a lot of RAW files and only would like certain pictures to be available to photo stream. Other projects I would not want on photo stream at all.

I don't follow you - how is RAW related? The "stream" comes from your iOS devices, not from your dSLR.

Comment

pmon

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2009
Aperture 3.2 problems

just took the update and using aperture with snow leopard ...
aperture is now officially screwed! I can't see half a file when i import and cropping results in half the image disappearing also.. try restart etc with no joy... this sucks as I have to get a shoot out today! Thanks Apple

Anyone else having problems?

Comment

CptnJustc

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2007
As far as I'm concerned, the big news here is the enhancement to touchpad gestures, esp. pinch-to-zoom. I was disappointed that they didn't update it to take better advantage of gestures earlier, particularly when the Magic Trackpad came out... can be particularly useful in combo with a mouse in this type of program.

Comment

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Really, Apple?

I wonder what is wrong all of a sudden. My Aperture library is being upgraded and repaired EVERY TIME I LAUNCH THE APP!

:mad:

Anyone got an idea how I can repair this? Also, I searched for it before, and starting Aperture with Option and Command keys pressed is not working for some reason :(

Comment

amsquires83

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
UK
just took the update and using aperture with snow leopard ...
aperture is now officially screwed! I can't see half a file when i import and cropping results in half the image disappearing also.. try restart etc with no joy... this sucks as I have to get a shoot out today! Thanks Apple

Anyone else having problems?

I had similar issue with Aperture 3.1 whereby images (whether thumbnails or full screen views) were not fitting the screen properly (no scroll bars to scroll right and zoom was normal). Effectively the right hand side of my images were cropped by off by 30%. I had to delete the com.apple.Aperture.plist file within ~/Library/Preferences via Terminal to restore things - I lost all preferences that I had set in doing so...

Comment

HLX

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2006
I'm waiting for the Aperture update which lists among its fixes:

"- Resolves an issue which caused Aperture to behave like an abusive partner who has you locked into a relationship of crashes, olympian resource hogging and general despair"

Comment

jonhoffm

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2004
New library + automatic uploading = iclog

I had been considering upgrading from iPhoto 8.1.2 to Aperture for some time. Considering I would need to update iPhoto in order to use Photo Stream, I decided to move to Aperture. I imported my 4K iPhoto library (noting that no face tagging came over). I did not uncheck the Photo Stream pref of automatic uploading. Now, since all 4k of photos are added to the library within the last 30 days, it is trying to upload them all.

Unchecking the auto upload preference will not stop it and the task cannot be canceled within A3, only paused. Even after a shutdown and restart of A3, it tries to continue the process. I guess I will just have to let it run its course. I wonder how many people will inadvertently hose their data plans this month with iCloud.

Comment

diamond.g

macrumors 604
Mar 20, 2007
Virginia
I had been considering upgrading from iPhoto 8.1.2 to Aperture for some time. Considering I would need to update iPhoto in order to use Photo Stream, I decided to move to Aperture. I imported my 4K iPhoto library (noting that no face tagging came over). I did not uncheck the Photo Stream pref of automatic uploading. Now, since all 4k of photos are added to the library within the last 30 days, it is trying to upload them all.

Unchecking the auto upload preference will not stop it and the task cannot be canceled within A3, only paused. Even after a shutdown and restart of A3, it tries to continue the process. I guess I will just have to let it run its course. I wonder how many people will inadvertently hose their data plans this month with iCloud.
The positive is that it will only upload the first 1k photos...

Comment

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Has anyone noticed the new version is considerably faster? Or is it just placebo effect?

It launches faster; I can browse projects faster... it's like a lead weight has been taken off of it.

Comment

Acamerainjapan

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Has anyone noticed the new version is considerably faster? Or is it just placebo effect?

It launches faster; I can browse projects faster... it's like a lead weight has been taken off of it.

Still painfully slow on my 2.4 Macbook Pro (2008)

Comment

doobydoooby

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
Genève, Switzerland
Dont upgrade - serious flaws

Just to second the views posted above this "upgrade" has some serious problems to it. The major ones are that crop and align tools now cut off the top 1/3 of the image and replace it by grey. Secondly the crop tool actual size numbers are inverted (so if you specify 2x3 you actually get 3x2). Thirdly any crops that you do will then be shown afterwards complete with the whole picture still showing, at a slightly greyer scale, as if you are still editing the crop. To me these are fundamental parts of a photo editing package so I would advise not to upgrade till a fix is found.

If you have already upgraded and need a quick fix for the 1/3 greying out when you try to crop or align, deselct 'Onscreen Proofing' in the View options.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.