Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

litlphoenix

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
Brevard County, Florida
Wow so apparently stable enough for public consumption. It does seem like there were no real "issues" being reported from Tuesdays beta. Awesome! Can't innovate my A** haha.
If that were true; why is it that I am having issues with no sound except through headphones? I can not find a solution on google, so maybe it's only a few devices that are affected but still a real issue.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
If that were true; why is it that I am having issues with no sound except through headphones? I can not find a solution on google, so maybe it's only a few devices that are affected but still a real issue.
Well if that were not true then Apple would most likely not have released as public beta. Typically they go to 2-3 dev betas before releasing to public channel. That was the point I was making. Also a device (yours) or two that seem to have some problem as you describe but is not widespread and most likely not an iOS issue does not warrant deeming this not usable as a whole.

What have you tried to resolve a "no audio issue"? What device? If its pre 7 that has an old 3.5mm jack, it could be as simple as the contacts inside not going back normal close with the headset not plugged in.

litlphoenix

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
Brevard County, Florida
Well if that were not true then Apple would most likely not have released as public beta. Typically they go to 2-3 dev betas before releasing to public channel. That was the point I was making. Also a device (yours) or two that seem to have some problem as you describe but is not widespread and most likely not an iOS issue does not warrant deeming this not usable as a whole.

What have you tried to resolve a "no audio issue"? What device? If its pre 7 that has an old 3.5mm jack, it could be as simple as the contacts inside not going back normal close with the headset not plugged in.
iPad Pro; I've never once touched the 3.5mm jack. I use Bluetooth headphones. I never stated it as unusable as a whole. I just stated it had real issues. I also clarified that it appeared to be a problem few were having. Apple would and does release updates with issues; hence the beta nomenclature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.