Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases 'iAd Gallery' App

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has released a new app today called iAd Gallery. The app simply features a gallery of iAd campaigns:
The iAd Gallery is a celebration of advertising, featuring iAd campaigns from some of the world's best brands and their advertising agencies. The iAd Gallery gives you easy access to a selection of the fun and informative ads that have run in some of your favorite apps. Use the Browse feature to discover ads you haven't seen, or to find those you want to see again. Even lets you tag your favorites to a Loved section that’s all your own.
The move seems a rather transparent effort for Apple to add value to current advertisers using the iAd network. iAd Gallery is a free download.

Article Link: Apple Releases 'iAd Gallery' App

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
I've often wondered about all of the great ads that I might be missing. Some, I don't care about, but others are very interactive and stuff that I buy or would buy. These interactive experiences help make a product just a little more real, accessible and engaging. If you show me why I would want something, it's a lot more effective than just a static graphic getting in my way.

Ads can be fun --> SUPER BOWL, anyone? So with the "Loved" save feature, it'll be great when you want to show a friend how great something was or if you need to refer to it when trying to make a buying decision.

The naysayers here --> boring. This is cool. If you don't like, don't waste the bits on your iPhone. The rest of us will enjoy the app.

I'll be downloading this. Thanks, Apple!

Last edited:
Comment

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

They should charge for this. It would totally be worth it.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I wonder if the McRib is still on sale around here...

I still have to try those new Turkey Burgers at Hardee's.

Comment

TomCondon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
haha this is as lame as a tv station bringing out a half hour of the most "unique" and "fascinating" ads, wow.

also, maybe if they were some good, funny ads it would be ok, but no. The ads shown in the pic are just "EAT MCRIB" and "MAYBELLINE"...

Comment

mike5411

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
they should allow users to like or dislike iAds to help cater the iAds that are sent to the user :cool:

Comment

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Maybe the winter interns held an app contest and the winner was guaranteed an app in the app store... :confused:

Comment

grmatt

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
I knew there'd be a lot of "wuts" but this makes sense. If you don't like it, don't download it. I'm sure plenty of people will and it only adds value to their advertisers.

Honestly though, some of the ads are really well done. Maybe I just appreciate them more than some others being that I am kind of in the industry.

Comment

IOIIOOO

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2007
Now the dismal iAd clickthrough rates we see do to so few ads available can be made even lower. Thanks Apple!

Comment

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Some people are actually interested in marketing, and would love to have a centralized place to view how large companies are advertising on one of the largest mobile spaces in the world.

By all means, go back to playing Doodle Jump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

Bistroengine

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
[Nevermind. Took a bit of searching, but I eventually found it. Curiously, for me, it did not show up when I searched for Apple]

Am I the only one not finding this on the App Store?

Last edited:
Comment

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
An app that brings all the things I hate together. Lovely. I know advertising is a necessary evil but an app that just displays ads? Biggest WTF of the year. I mean really, who the hell could this be marketed to? People that just enjoy looking at tiny, crappy advertisements? No one is that boring or unproductive.

Comment

mab920

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2010
orrrrrrrr maybe this is a good way for those looking to develop iAds to look at some of the ways other companies are using this new platform for marketing.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.