Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this afternoon released a new beta of iOS 11.2 for iPhone X devices, allowing the latest flagship smartphone to be updated to the latest developer beta.

Registered developers can download the iOS 11.2 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

ios11.2beta-800x500.jpg

Apple first released iOS 11.2 to developers and public beta testers earlier this week, but did not provide an iPhone X version. That left customers who had installed the iOS 11.2 beta on their previous devices unable to restore from an existing backup on the new iPhone X.

With the iPhone X beta now available, an iOS 11.2 backup can be installed on the device after upgrading to the new version of the software.

iOS 11.2 addresses an animation bug in the Calculator app that caused some numbers and symbols to be ignored when entered in rapid succession. The update removes the animations from the calculator app so calculations can be done quickly with no need to pause between entering numbers to obtain the correct result.

In addition to the Calculator bug, iOS 11.2 introduces a new Now Playing option for controlling content on the Apple TV in Control Center, redesigned camera emoji, and a new loading animation for Live Photos effects.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 11.2 Beta 2 for iPhone X

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
Is it possible to restore files from a device running iOS 11.2 beta 1 on a device running iOS 11.2 beta 2?

ramallite

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2004
Greensboro
Is it available for public beta testers as well? I received my X this morning but it's still inside the cardboard box. Planning on going through the motions this evening unless I can't because I have 11.2 public beta on my outgoing iPhone.

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
It's not beta 2, they just added iPhone X to the beta 1. Unless I'm not seeing something.

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
Can someone test if this issue is still here: when you delete one of the twitter notifications, it deletes all of previously received ones at the same time?

KevinDHoffman

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017

Apple this afternoon released a new beta of iOS 11.2 for iPhone X devices, allowing the latest flagship smartphone to be updated to the latest developer beta.

Registered developers can download the iOS 11.2 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

ios11.2beta-800x500.jpg

Apple first released iOS 11.2 to developers and public beta testers earlier this week, but did not provide an iPhone X version. That left customers who had installed the iOS 11.2 beta on their previous devices unable to restore from an existing backup on the new iPhone X.

With the iPhone X beta now available, an iOS 11.2 backup can be installed on the device after upgrading to the new version of the software.

iOS 11.2 addresses an animation bug in the Calculator app that caused some numbers and symbols to be ignored when entered in rapid succession. The update removes the animations from the calculator app so calculations can be done quickly with no need to pause between entering numbers to obtain the correct result.

In addition to the Calculator bug, iOS 11.2 introduces a new Now Playing option for controlling content on the Apple TV in Control Center, redesigned camera emoji, and a new loading animation for Live Photos effects.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 11.2 Beta 2 for iPhone X
[doublepost=1509742799][/doublepost]Just got a call from a rep at our fav fruit company, activation servers acting funky. Might want to wait a few hours to update to 11.2b2.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Just completed the install to 11.2 beta 2. If I erase all content and settings does that leave the beta in place so I can restore from my iCloud backup?

Nice live wallpapers in it as well.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Just completed the install to 11.2 beta 2. If I erase all content and settings does that leave the beta in place so I can restore from my iCloud backup?

It does, you will just have to download the beta profile again for future updates.

edit: in fact your backup might have the beta profile in it. But it's probably a good bet to do it again anyway.

craigab1

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2011
I'm a public beta tester, not a developer, and not seeing this update. My 7+ is on the 11.2 Beta 1. I just received my iPhone X and I'm not sure what to do. I have an 11.2 Beta 1 backup in iCloud and on my laptop. Should I set-up the X as a new phone and then go through the process of adding the beta profile there, then upgrade 10 11.2 Beta 2, then erase and restore the 11.2 Beta 1 backup?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

Nice live wallpapers in it as well.

Yes, but will probably remove the beta profile so you may want to reinstall that so you can get future beta updates.

Reactions: Nanotyrns
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.