Apple Releases iOS 12.3.1 With Fixes for Messages and VoLTE Bugs

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 24, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A week and a half after releasing iOS 12.3 with a revamped TV app, Apple today released iOS 12.3.1, a bug fix update that isn't expected to include any significant new features.

The iOS 12.3.1 update is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. As with all iOS updates, iOS 12.3.1 is free to download, but it may take some time to propagate to all iOS users.

[​IMG]

According to Apple's release notes, iOS 12.3.1 addresses a handful of bugs related to the Messages app and VoLTE calls.
    Apple did not offer a developer or public beta testing period for iOS 12.3.1, as is common for bug fix releases that are intended to address only a very few targeted areas and thus don't require significant feedback from users before public release.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 12.3.1 With Fixes for Messages and VoLTE Bugs

2. AMP12345 macrumors newbie

AMP12345

But most importantly, does it fix the adventure sync bug in Pokemon Go that 12.3 introduced? I need those steps counted, gotta catch them all!

3. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

4. outskirtsofinfinity macrumors regular

outskirtsofinfinity

Re.: "revamped TV app". I'm still puzzled about what exactly the TV App is for. I see it on my Apple TV 4k, but I've never actually launched it.

5. cdarlington1 macrumors regular

cdarlington1

6. Motawa macrumors 6502

the pokemon go app on my watch barely works and I am on 12.2. Steps are counted and all but I never get notifications for pokestops or pokemon. Does it work for you?

7. DaveOP macrumors 65816

It's nice in the US if you actually link all your services to it. I get notifications when teams I care about are in close games, shows I follow (which is not many) have new episodes, etc.

8. Cosmosent macrumors 6502a

It sure would be nice if AAPL would inform App Devs (very specifically) which Bugs they've fixed with each Update, so that we don't have to play the stupid guessing game each time !

9. skillwill macrumors 6502

10. wp3gi macrumors newbie

Finally, finally!!!! Finally, finally!!!! Finally, finally!!!! Finally, finally!!!! Finally, finally!!!!

11. xpxp2002 macrumors regular

1 PM Pacific or 1 PM Eastern? Normally all iOS updates, even x.y.1 releases, drop around 9-10 AM PT/12-1 PM ET.

12. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

I'm downloading it now... after 1pm Eastern...

13. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Maybe they'll eventually get around to fixing CarPlay. :oops:

14. xpxp2002 macrumors regular

The article says 1 PM PT. That's why I asked.

I've been trying and so far says 12.3 is up to date.

15. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

16. AMP12345 macrumors newbie

AMP12345

The watch app is kind of useless, I really only use it on my watch when I am out with friends and don't want to look at my phone all the time, just want to spin stops and make sure nothing I'm walking past is super rare.

17. k1121j macrumors 6502a

k1121j

Is it just me or does the TV app suggest shows for services you don't have more often then the ones you do have. It’s so annoying.

18. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

What is wrong with carplay?

19. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

I know. I saw the PT in the article too.

That's why I shared my experience with it working at 1pm ET. :p

20. Lucas284 macrumors newbie

21. xpxp2002 macrumors regular

Not sure about OP. But since 12.3, my stream to the car has "crashed" about 30 seconds after plugging in, every time. Then CarPlay does its whole disconnect, wait, reconnect thing. And when it comes back it usually works ok until the next time.

22. ChittagongBoy macrumors member

ChittagongBoy

Blurred album art // freezes when plugged in intermittently.

23. nutmac macrumors 601

For me, it's mainly for:
    • Watching iTunes or Movies Anywhere (UHD, BD, DVD) purchases
    • Watching my own ripped UHDs, BDs, DVDs (those not eligible for Movies Anywhere)
    • Apple TV Channels for services that I subscribe to when shows I like becomes available (e.g., HBO for Silicon Valley, Westworld, CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery) -- being able to download is great for travel
    • Up Next for apps that integrate with TV app, such as Amazon Prime Video and Hulu
    • Sports for MLB at Bat and ESPN+
    iOS 12.3 finally made TV app's player capable by adding 15 second rewind and forward buttons and non obtrusive volume control display.

24. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Abysmal sound quality.

Low volume. No bass or treble. Plus, snap/crackle/pop intermittently during any audio playback; Apple Music, SiriusXM, Audiobooks, Podcasts, etc.
    Two phones. 7 Plus and 6 Plus, both running 12.3.
    Reset Network Settings, Rebooted Phone, no changes.
    All Apple-branded cables; tried multiple cables, no changes.
    Two (2) different vehicles: 2018 GMC Terrain (Bose Premium) and 2019 Subaru Forester (H/K Premium).
    Same problem.

The only workaround is to either use the phone on Bluetooth (no USB) or turn-off CarPlay altogether and use it (literally) as an iPod via USB.

25. decypher44 macrumors 6502

decypher44

Kind of on-topic: How do you like ESPN+? I was thinking of adding it. I like to watch a lot of soccer (football).