Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Aah well, I was being highly impatient, I'm just gonna have to wait 24 hours like everyone else ?

Its annoying as I was going to update two iPad's and iPhone's using the same image. Ahh well...

Jgltno

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
Woop woop ?? downloading now ?
DA3D0250-2493-4B70-9728-5523D06B3177.jpeg

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
The attention paid to iOS 14 and the Summer's release schedule shows how little Apple seems to care about Mac OS. More and more I get the feeling the desktop is secondary in the Apple scheme of things.

Well,Mac sales make up less than 10% of their revenue so no wonder it’s not exactly a priority.

Reactions: whatgift

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The attention paid to iOS 14 and the Summer's release schedule shows how little Apple seems to care about Mac OS. More and more I get the feeling the desktop is secondary in the Apple scheme of things.
Well,Mac sales make up less than 10% of their revenue so no wonder it’s not exactly a priority.
Doesn't macOS typically come out later?

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
So if I wanted to install the iOS 14 GM (Public) I would just install the current profile for the public beta, download it, do the same for the watch.

Then when both are done remove the profile so I continue on standard public releases?

Do I have that correct?

Reactions: 370zulu and tphalp

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
So if I wanted to install the iOS 14 GM (Public) I would just install the current profile for the public beta, download it, do the same for the watch.

Then when both are done remove the profile so I continue on standard public releases?

Do I have that correct?

Pretty much.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008

Do I have that correct?

yes. Exactly how I’ve jumped on the iOS GM each year, then immediately switched back to stay on the public release track for subsequent point updates.

Reactions: mattopotamus

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

Do I have that correct?

Correct, once you have the GM version you can delete the beta profile because you are now on the public release cycle. If you want to stay on the beta train, Apple will release 14.1 beta profiles.

Jgltno

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
I’m concerned about another generation of bugs. I’m still getting the small icons, occasional respiring, and widget issues with DB8.

I agree. I still get the occasional animation lag when exiting apps or scrolling within apps. I’m thinking it has to do with apps being optimized for iOS 14? Looking forward to seeing what third-party apps do with the new widget design. I’ve been having fun with TestFlight and third-party widgets on iOS 14 ?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68030
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
The fact that developers are scrambling upon hearing the news that iOS 14 will be released tomorrow doesn't seem promising for 3rd party apps to be updated on launch.

If you really want 3rd party apps with iOS 14 support, I would say hold off on updating.

Toratek

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2019
Downloading the ios14 public release now. No reference to beta on the downloads for either iOS or iPadOS.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Do I have that correct?
Or wait until tomorrow when it should be all publicly released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.