Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
So how long do we wait given Apple gave developers less than 1 day with the GM of iOS and Xcode? And let’s not forget the mess that was iOS 13 and Catalina.

Clearly they had to ship today since Apple Watch which requires iOS 14 is in stores on Friday. Doesn’t feel rushed at all. :/

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I bet the update will be available at 4 pm eastern time right on the dot. I could be wrong.

Reactions: raybo

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Is there precedent for an iOS release coming out a lot later than its usual release time of 10 AM PST?

It’s 5 minutes to 4 AM over here in the Philippines. Usually it becomes available around 1 or 2 AM.

I’m not terribly inconvenienced or annoyed by this, but I am somewhat curious by this out-of-pattern release. [Then again, it’s 2020…]

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Is there precedent for an iOS release coming out a lot later than its usual release time of 10 AM PST?

It’s 5 minutes to 4 AM over here in the Philippines. Usually it becomes available around 1 or 2 AM.

I’m not terribly inconvenienced or annoyed by this, but I am somewhat curious by this out-of-pattern release. [Then again, it’s 2020…]
It has happened before.

Reactions: jprmercado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.