Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has just pushed out the third beta version of iOS 5 to developers, continuing to push forward on the next major revision of Apple's mobile operating system set for public release in the fall.

ios_5_beta_3.jpg

No details on changes included in the new beta have yet been provided, but we will update this post as the news comes out.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 5 Beta 3 to Developers

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks! The schedule is throwing me off, lol. I figured Friday or Tuesday, not a Monday.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
This is going fairly quick. I cant wait to get the final finished release!

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Did they release a new beta of iTunes to go with it?

Yes, they did.

anyone? thank you!

Not installed yet but here's what it says

* This beta version of iOS should only be deployed on devices dedicated for iOS 5 beta software development.
* Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software.
* This version of iOS is intended only for installation on devices registered with Apple's Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.
* A pre-release version of Apple TV Software is being provided in order to test AirPlay functionality with your iOS 5 apps.
* Xcode 4.2 Developer Preview, iOS 5 beta, iTunes 10.5 beta and Apple TV Software beta are pre-release software and are considered Apple Confidential Information and are subject to the terms of your iOS Developer Program License Agreement. Unauthorized distribution or disclosure of Apple Confidential Information is prohibited.

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Another evening setting up my iPad!

think all my devices are running betas... IOS 5 for iPad and WP7 MANGO on my HTC Hd7 I must like being on the edge (am a paid developer for both platforms!)

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Did they release a new beta of iTunes to go with it?

Yes, with the same caveats as before about old versions of the beta: you can't sync Beta 2 devices with Beta 3 of iTunes. There's still a fairly lengthy list of Known Issues with this beta too.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I had to go back to 4.3.3 jailbroken. Couldn't take all the bugs + horrible battery life anymore. Then again I decided to use it with my regular iPhone 4 which I shouldn't have. I will be installing this beta on my iPad 2 later.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Is there somewhere within the dev center to download iTunes beta for Windows? I always see just the OSX version.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Is Facetime re-enabled?

I suppose it would be too much to ask for Netflix to work again.

It would be nice if there were a distribution channel for other devs to share pre-release patches for the apps that are broken in iOS betas. I know the idea is to test your *own* apps, but it's hard to get a general feel for the new OS when half the things you run are broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.