Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases 'iPad is Electric' Commercial

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple yesterday released a new iPad commercial entitled "iPad is Electric", airing the ad on primetime television and posting it to the company's iPad site and YouTube page.

The new commercial offers the same soundtrack as several earlier ads and follows the same of theme of displaying a series of quick shots of the iPad's capabilities interspersed with corresponding single-word descriptions relevant to the "iPad is..." theme: cinematic, elementary, academic, full-size, presenting, bought, sold, fantasy, and electric.

In mid-May, Apple released its "What is iPad" commercial, harkening back to an earlier ad for the Newton nearly twenty years ago. Apple then shifted gears, however, releasing the current string of iPads with "iPad is Delicious" in mid-August and "iPad is Musical" in early September.

Article Link: Apple Releases 'iPad is Electric' Commercial

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Apple ads are always fun :)

Comment

philbeeney

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Vankleek Hill
iPad is "magical". iPad is "electric". Talk about dumbing down to the lowest common denominator.

I remember the days when only smart and intelligent people had Macs. Now they're being sold to the hoi-polloi. ;)

Comment

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Christmas push.....

The Ipad will be a huge gift this season I think. Well, amongst the uninformed/non-tech folks anyway. Everyone else will wait for Ipad 2.

Comment

turboxt

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Indiana
Cart before the horse?

Seems like you would update the OS for the existing customers before you go back out and tout this thing all over again...btw...it IS November!:cool:

Comment

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
What I like about Apple ads is that they actually show the product (user interface) in action.

Competition's example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJQNNH08bPs

"Oh, a dude is jumping from one dream to another, that product must be awesome!". Typical BS marketing. They BARELY show the actual product!

Comment

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
I don't understand how the effects pedal app works. Can you plug your guitar into the 30 pin connector somehow and output from the headphone jack? The commercial makes it look like the guitar is plugged into the audio output (headphone jack)... but that makes no sense.

Comment

spazzcat

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2007
Seems like you would update the OS for the existing customers before you go back out and tout this thing all over again...btw...it IS November!:cool:
4.2 just went GM, I am guessing it will be out by the end of week. They try to get as many apps updated as they can before releasing it....

Comment

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Headphone out also doubles as line in, for an application that supports it (then you'd just need a 1/4" to 1/8" converter)

I don't understand how the effects pedal app works. Can you plug your guitar into the 30 pin connector somehow and output from the headphone jack? The commercial makes it look like the guitar is plugged into the audio output (headphone jack)... but that makes no sense.

Comment

lazyrighteye

macrumors 68020
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Meh, I just want them to release iPad 2 so I can finally buy one.

Ha. That's what I keep thinking & wonder when we'll see a refresh...

Love how this platform has taken OFF.
And there is so much untapped potential that Apple will slowly, over several years and revisions, trickle out to the user.
Still, I'm all about v2 for this device.

On topic: this spot has good energy. Further conveying the may possibilities of the device/platform.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.