Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
enjoying stage manager on my 12.9 pro.

updated on my mini 6 you wouldn't even know it was updated. such an awful change for non stage manager iPads.

guibensma

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2022
Anyone noticed that the Notes app doesn't support tilt sensitivity on the Apple Pencil? Instead of just inclining the Pencil, now I have to manually chose the thickness of the eraser and highlighter. I hate this 😭

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I like it a lot but seems to have a couple of bugs. Every time I open it in landscape view the side bar reappears after hiding it. There is no reason for the side bar unless you need to add or change a location. Also the keyboard pops up on its own from time to time when the app is opened after it’s been closed for a long period of time. Other than those 2 bugs I think it’s perfect. Will be my go to weather app.
Think they're hoping people use the form to report issues with the forecast.

I just noticed that in either portrait or landscape if you don't close the sidebar it'll show up every time...

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Think they're hoping people use the form to report issues with the forecast.

I just noticed that in either portrait or landscape if you don't close the sidebar it'll show up every time...
Is there a form to report issues with the forecast?? I missed that.

When in portrait mode on my iPad Pro the sidebar does not show up. Only in landscape mode.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Is there a form to report issues with the forecast?? I missed that.

When in portrait mode on my iPad Pro the sidebar does not show up. Only in landscape mode.
Yeah, it's at the bottom of that menu when you hit the three dots (...).

Attachments

• EFA14044-EA46-4F68-9303-CD8BC210A035.jpeg
    EFA14044-EA46-4F68-9303-CD8BC210A035.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: CarlJ

Muzzakus

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Wtf is this stage manager, usability is shocking. Had to youtube how to use it and still confused. This ain’t Apple.

aberdeenmeadows

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
When a weather app is touted as a feature, you know you’re reaching.

And don’t get me started on the Calculator app.
The Calculator App was the #1 reason why I bought the iPad in the first place. I had visions of using the iPad to do heavy-duty calculations - since the iPhone calculator was well done (Microsoft's Windows Calculator is the best) but I digress - when I opened up my first iPad - I spent 1/2 hour looking for the calculator app - only to not see it anywhere.

Please Tim Cook's replacement - day one - get us that calculator app!

aberdeenmeadows

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
A very sad and depressive day to all of us who still using iPad Air 2 from 2014.
There are a lot of positives with the latest iPadOS - but if I had the iPad Air 2, I probably wouldn't upgrade unless memory was an issue or if I were using it a lot with various productivity apps.

The iPad Pro with M1 processor is blazing fast so I can only imagine with the M2 processor.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
The Calculator App was the #1 reason why I bought the iPad in the first place. I had visions of using the iPad to do heavy-duty calculations - since the iPhone calculator was well done (Microsoft's Windows Calculator is the best) but I digress - when I opened up my first iPad - I spent 1/2 hour looking for the calculator app - only to not see it anywhere.

Long ago I got PCalc by TLA Systems and denoted by the 42 in the icon. I love RPN - usually only available on HP calculators which is why I got it. To me - it's the best calculator ever. Can do a lot including conversions. Highly recommend checking it out.

• Love

Spacetime Anomaly

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2017
Way out in space

Try Calculator Plus. It’s free, with no ads or data collection.

Corgirat

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2016
The update failed in my iPad Gen 8 and is not working now. Updating and Restoring from Mac fails too. :'( It gives error 4013.

Update: Just got news from tech guy, they had to downgrade to iOS 15 and told me to wait for next update. They tried to restore to iOS 16 and also gave them Error 4013.
Got same exact error with my iPad gen8 10.2 inch. I was going crazy trying to fix it. Thank you so much for this info!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.