Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
downloading it now too

I'm going to venture a guess and say the 0.1 means it's bug fixes and not "copy and paste"

<_<. It tells you what fixes are in the firmware before you start downloading. Unless of course you just started rapidly hitting enter and clicking the mouse, then you would not of noticed.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
2.0.1 Fw

I'm downloading it right now, does anyone have it on their iPod already?

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
it said before you could start downloading that it had bug fixes...

Woody970

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
<_<. It tells you what fixes are in the firmware before you start downloading. Unless of course you just started rapidly hitting enter and clicking the mouse, then you would not of noticed.

I'm downloading it now also, lets hope this fixes the lions share of issues :D

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
The next big question is if the iPhones still being built (not shipped) will be fitted with the new firmware, or would the update still be needed (like Windows XP before any service packs).

BL.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
i got a question, i got the old iPhone, and it got push ON(is this possible, or is the option just there, but its actually not on?), whenever i try to send myself an email it pushes it to my phone directly, but this morning i had no emails, and right now i got a beep outta my phone saying i had 4 new mails, and all of them were before noon(its 7:15 PM right now)

will this be fixed in an update? or should i make a new thread?

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
nice, downloading it now..

UPDATE
Well, unfortunately for iPod Touch users (or at least me) the 'ages-to-back-up' saga, still exists. I backed mine up earlier (Took 1hr 30 mins) and it's now backing up, I estimate it to take about 30 mins at the rate it's going.

Damn!

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
i got a question, i got the old iPhone, and it got push ON(is this possible, or is the option just there, but its actually not on?), whenever i try to send myself an email it pushes it to my phone directly, but this morning i had no emails, and right now i got a beep outta my phone saying i had 4 new mails, and all of them were before noon(its 7:15 PM right now)

r u working with .mac or a mobileme, because if you arent then you have to set a setting to have it check for an email automatically every 15 min or so..

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US

would not *have* noticed... and no it doesn't tell you what's included aside from "bug fixes". an actual list of some sorts explaining what all has been changed would be handy

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate

It's most likely that the server was overloaded and slow in pushing the email, not an issue at the phone end...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.