Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
Well this is a disappointment. I do like that iTunes 11 is faster on my system, and some of the new layouts are nice, but overall I despise the general theme of huge artwork that is not resizable other than in a very few select places. Also especially annoying is now my books can no longer be arranged by genres or categories other than in the ugly list tab, and all PDFs are listed as PDFs even though I have most of them set to Books in the metadata tags. I've informed iTunes these are Books in the media kind option, but the new iTunes completely ignores that.

Here's to hoping the next update will improve things...

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
I'm liking everything so far but I'm seeing a weird issue.

For some reseason som of my songs have a cloud download symbol next to them. But it also shows the already downloaded song I've had before? What is this? I don't wanna see two of the same songs for every song on certain albums!

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
So far everything works fine. I never really used iTunes much anyways, but liking the colorful sidebar, lol.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
- i tested with playlists and sorry, but cmd+L works perfectly fine. returned me right to my playlist exactly as i left it. worked in all other tested situations, too. nothing jumped to music.

- greyed out? do you want it on or off? you can only use it on List view, and i can turn it on or off no problem.

1) It doesn't work for me. So it's a bug. Just because it works for you doesn't mean there's not a problem.
2) I want it off. Yes, I'm using it in List view, and I have no ability to turn it off or on.

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Has anyone else noticed that when you click on the album art, you get a resizable Quicktime-like album cover with player controls on it?

I think that's pretty cool, and should satisfy a lot of people who have been complaining about not being able to view their album art at a larger size.

Could do that in 10.6.3, if you had the now playing showing up in the bottom left clicking on it does the same thing.

I can't believe they've got rid of the dark view again for the back ground, they did this before and then added an option to change between light and dark, probably as a lot of people asked for it back. Apple really annoys me with their no options on style some times, hoping someone gets a Silent Night skin sorted for this soon.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 4.43.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 4.43.33 PM.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,227

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
No dark grid or resizing artwork in Albums view? :mad:

How hard can it be, Apple?

(This must have been a real mess if this is the best they can do after delaying for another month)

1. yes WHERE's! THE dark grid!!!!
but thanks God they put option for remove CUSTOM colors on albums movies etc...

2. and in Songs, why not! artwork!!!! I have thousand of songs... now all looks like one megabig album, why remove artwork in songs, that brings some separation!

3. and WHERE's "group albums by artist" on albums??? now I have millions of albums without separation by artist!!!

4. on albums also why not active too the COLUMN BROWSER? that colums browser is great for search fast, sort, that would be present in everywhere

any help?

:mad:

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
There are many formatting bugs and other issues in this release - I would hope that they learned from the iMaps debacle that these things need to be thoroughly tested before release. Maybe not...

i agree it should have been labelled beta, and apple should embrace beta releases

lord knows they have enough enthusiasts that will test apps out like us

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
1) It doesn't work for me. So it's a bug. Just because it works for you doesn't mean there's not a problem.
2) I want it off. Yes, I'm using it in List view, and I have no ability to turn it off or on.

well considering we're using the same version of the same software...

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Very disappointed in the design. They have had months to perfect an iconic Apple UX. Why can it be more fluid, like the attached... Having yet another window open just to get larger art and controls in madness. The store is much better, it seems like the player was an after thought.

I think the design is fine, though I don't like the fact that you can't see the song information in the Mini Player like you have in your mockup. And why would they put an Airplay button in Mini Player, taking up space? How often do people switch Airplay sources??

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
well considering we're using the same version of the same software...

I've been using Go to Current Song for years. This is not user error, it is an application error. Who knows what the problem is, perhaps it is a corrupted install. My guess is, it's just Apple rushing this thing out to meet the November deadline.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
I absolutely love iTunes 11! I have yet to find a single flaw with it! Everything is fast, fluid, and beautiful! My only complaint is that I prefer the old icon over the new one.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Very disappointed in the design. They have had months to perfect an iconic Apple UX. Why can it be more fluid, like the attached... Having yet another window open just to get larger art and controls in madness. The store is much better, it seems like the player was an after thought.

That's strange... mine still uses the old black controls when you hover the cursor over the the album view of the mini player

sdloeffler

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
Can anyone tell if they now let you easily store music on one drive and videos on another while still allowing iTunes to organize the files? That seems like such an easy fix, but they have failed to do it for some reason.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I think the design is fine, though I don't like the fact that you can't see the song information in the Mini Player like you have in your mockup. And why would they put an Airplay button in Mini Player, taking up space? How often do people switch Airplay sources??

design is not bad, but could be much better! common is APPLE! I know designers friends that could be a much better job and they dont work with big companies...

but well design is good yes... but check my problems in my before comment... that cause a little desmess on big libraries

dckcentaur

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I like iTunes 11. Just like anything that changes it takes a while for you to get use to it and find out how to do some of the things you did in the old version. I feel this is a step up . The only setting I miss is the ability to pick the type of view you want (like cover flow, list etc) maybe they will bring it back with a update. For those hating it give it a chance. At the end of the day its just a program.
CHANGE IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL & MIND. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.