Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released macOS Ventura 13.3.1, a minor update to the macOS Ventura operating system released last October. macOS Ventura 13.3.1 comes almost two weeks after the launch of macOS Ventura 13.3.

Ventura-Macs-Feature-Red.jpg

The ‌‌‌macOS Ventura‌‌‌ 13.3.1 update can be downloaded for free on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System Settings.

According to Apple’s release notes for the update, it introduces a fix for a bug that could cause Auto Unlock with Apple Watch not to work, plus it includes a fix for an issue that caused the pushing hands emoji not to show skin tone variations.
macOS Ventura 13.3.1 provides important bug fixes and security updates for your Mac including:

- Pushing hands emoji does not show skin tone variations
- Auto Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch may not work
Apple is already beta testing macOS Ventura 13.4, an update that will follow macOS Ventura 13.3 and should see a release in the next month or so.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS 13.3.1 With Fix for Apple Watch Unlock

Reactions: Kebabselector

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California

Apple today released macOS Ventura 13.3.1, a minor update to the macOS Ventura operating system released last October. macOS Ventura 13.3.1 comes almost two weeks after the launch of macOS Ventura 13.3.

Ventura-Macs-Feature-Red.jpg

The ‌‌‌macOS Ventura‌‌‌ 13.3.1 update can be downloaded for free on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System Settings.

According to Apple’s release notes for the update, it introduces a fix for a bug that could cause Auto Unlock with Apple Watch not to work, plus it includes a fix for an issue that caused the pushing hands emoji not to show skin tone variations.Apple is already beta testing macOS Ventura 13.4, an update that will follow macOS Ventura 13.3 and should see a release in the next month or so.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS 13.3.1 With Fix for Apple Watch Unlock
Oh wow... I thought I was going crazy... glad to know it's a bug that got fixed.

patearrings

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Lot of people waiting for this MacOS 13.3 update also, now you have it to install.

Problems mentioned that this might help with are Universal Control and Handoff, Home directory, and Home app. Try it and see.
I am already on 13.4 Beta 1 but have this annoying bug regarding the apple watch that is fixed in 13.3.1. Is there anything i can do to get this update?

Will the fix likely be incorporated into beta 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.