Apple Releases macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update to Address Wake From Sleep Bug

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com

Apple today released a new macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update, which comes a week and a half after the initial release of the macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update.

The macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update can be downloaded by going to the "Software Update" section of System Preferences and selecting the Update Now option.

Today's Supplemental Update addresses an issue that could prevent certain Macs from waking up from sleep properly. Apple recommends that all users install the new Supplemental Update to fix this problem.
The macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update fixes an issue that may prevent certain Macs from waking from sleep properly.
The original macOS Mojave 10.14.6 also addressed a bug that could cause a graphics issue when waking from sleep, and it included multiple other bug fixes. It also offered up several improvements to the Apple News+ service in the Apple News app.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update to Address Wake From Sleep Bug

sunapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
My LG monitor is connected via USB-C to my Mac mini and half of the time when I wake the computer from sleep, the monitor wakes up and displays a black screen with a message “no signal”.

Wondering if this update fixes it, the description is quite vague...

Reactions: ImaxGuy

Mandarijntje

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2019
Amsterdam
This is what I noticed with my MacBook Pro 2012. It turned on almost every hour when the lid was closed. I could hear it because it's an old mac with cd drive which he initializes every time when waking up.

Bokito

macrumors regular
May 29, 2007
Netherlands
Strange that this didn’t show up on Macrumors before. The security update for Sierra and High Sierra that was released in tandem with this update even got ******-keyboard MacBook Pro users kernel panics. For some this was fixed by upgrading to Mojave, but some others had to get their MacBook Pro out for repair.

There is a lengthy thread on the Apple forums where people discuss the problems. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250485210

Reactions: jb-net

smithrh

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2009
This has been biting me hard - I thought my iMac had finally died. Set it to never sleep, this is super good news...

(Well, it never should have happened, but glad to see a fix!)

dickie001x

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
I wish they'd stop these occasional 'supplemental' updates and instead release any fix/patches as a proper point/dot release as they do with iOS. It seems a bit sloppy IMO, and when you have 40+ Macs to update it removes the easy visibility of which Macs require the update. Rant over.

Populus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2012
Valencia, Spain.
I have a question, if I download the entire operating system from the Mac App Store (to perform a clean install) will this patch be included?

smithrh

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2009
Shoot - this is an 2011 iMac and therefore can't run this release - I had thought I was hanging back intentionally and as it turns out this particular machine was never eligible to begin with...

Hopefully they'll look at High Sierra and back-port the fixes... not holding my breath though.

(Yes, I know, it's been time for a new iMac for a while now. Certainly have been getting my money's worth out of this set up [2 x 27" screens, SSD] for a while now]

Reactions: wolfshades

Packdude

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
I jumped on the update while I’m at work. It said it would restart to install, but I assumed it would do like every other update and download and then prompt to restart. It just kicked me out of everything and restarted. Also, once it restarts and the install process begins, it’s not a quick update. Mine took about 10-15 min

danielbraun

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2019
Ill test it when I get home and believe it when i see it. This has been taking AGES to address.

fokmik

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Like i said since i upgraded to .6 couple of days ago..the sleep battery was awful,around 1% per 3-4 hours on all my macs,something was wrong