Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Thank you for providing us with such an easy way to download the latest versions!

Those links are for the final version or the RC (despite being the same build)?

EDIT: I guess the IPSW is just for the M1, M2 and M3 macs…

EDIT2: I just downloaded the full installer and it is a .pkg file… Not the installer I usually use with the createinstallmedia command to make a bootable USB drive.

Last edited:

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Thank you for providing us with such an easy way to download the latest versions!
You can also check yourself without waiting for some dude to post the links.

You can run these in Terminal and build numbers and links will be revealed

Developers who know what they are doing can modify these codes to get betas too.

Sonoma

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-14-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
    curl -# $file | egrep -EA 1 '(>Build<|OSVersion)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g | sed -e s/"<key>"//g -e s/"<\/key>"//g -e s/\ //g
    echo $file | sed -e "s/Info.plist/InstallAssistant.pkg/g"
done

Ventura

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-13-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
    curl -# $file | egrep -EA 1 '(>Build<|OSVersion)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g | sed -e s/"<key>"//g -e s/"<\/key>"//g -e s/\ //g
done

Monterey

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-12-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
done

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
EDIT: I guess the IPSW is just for the M1, M2 and M3 macs…

EDIT2: I just downloaded the full installer and it is a .pkg file… Not the installer I usually use with the createinstallmedia command to make a bootable USB drive.
Yes well the InstallAssistant.pkg's are the full installers as a package. Just install it and then you will find it in the Applications folder.

ipsw is for apple silicon macs

ThatSomeone

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2016
Here, where else?
Sigh, and the bug which makes pinned tabs disappear on every Safari restart that they introduced in 14.4 is still not fixed... I have to open a new window every time to make them come back.

Is there anyone else seeing this?

Reactions: Websnapx2

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
It seems like AirDrop between my Mac Mini M2 Pro and my iPhone 14 Pro finally works again.
It was broken during the entire 14.4 version...
I hope I won't find any other core technology broken - it's starting to be shameful.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
It is still all kinds of wrong and selfish for Apple to take the multi-platform app "Texture" and make it Apple only!
Why?
They paid for it.
Annoying yes, but that’s pretty much how Apple has always operated.
Logic Pro, iTunes, the original iPod software, Mac OS X, Apple Music, News, Weather, FinalCut… all started off as software by different companies, a lot of which was multiplatform, that Apple later purchased.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I was going to ask if anyone actually uses the News app.
There is a possibility of news going the route of mostly paid content access. A lot of magazines are paid access only already.
Google on Friday began removing California news websites from some people’s search results, a test that acted as a threat should the state Legislature pass a law requiring the search giant to pay media companies for linking to their content
For a long time newspapers/magazines have been dying because even their online sites get plagiarized of news related content, so the Apple News app might be a solution to that issue if it becomes worse.

Reactions: bousozoku

Emmanuel.th

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2023
New Bug after install 14.5 update on MacBook Air M2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 02.34.44.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 02.34.44.png
    939.2 KB · Views: 171
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.