Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grandoflex

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
I've updated. It was quick and all seems ok. Though for the first time ever I got the following notification pop-up after I'd restarted:

Optimising Your Mac - Performance may be affected until completed.​

How will I know when this optimisation has finished, I wonder!

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
The volume of updates has increased. I run Ventura on my production systems and Monterey on my secondary systems. I have an M1 mini dedicated to testing new releases before installing them on my production systems. It's currently dual-boot with Ventura and Sonoma beta. I guess I'm testing this new Ventura update today and Sonoma release tomorrow. I now plan to wait a few days to a week before installing Sonoma on my production systems.

I built an external SSD yesterday with Monterey as my wife's mini's SSD is too small for her use. It's the base model with 128 GB SSD. I have an external 240 GB that I will connect to her system (I built it on my 2015 iMac) and will then upgrade it to Ventura, and, later on, Sonoma.

It feels like I'm running a part-time IT shop.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
I've updated. It was quick and all seems ok. Though for the first time ever I got the following notification pop-up after I'd restarted:

Optimising Your Mac - Performance may be affected until completed.​

How will I know when this optimisation has finished, I wonder!
This is normal. I also got it, happened to me after every major 13.x update. You’ll know it’s finished when that notification disappears by itself.

OSXphoto

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2013
Why ‘ugh’? I won’t upgrade to Sonoma for at least the next 6 months. I prefer stability on my Mac: I only upgraded to Ventura after the release of 13.4. Therefore I am glad Apple released 13.6 (and 13.6.1 in the future) so I know my Mac remains safe before I upgrade to Sonoma in a couple of months.
Hi @DinkThifferent : 2021 M1 Max 16" here, still on Monterey 12.7 to avoid the Ventura troubles. I can go 2 paths:
- Ventura 13.6 and Sonoma as soon as it's stable
- Stay on Monterey 12.7 and Sonoma as soon as stable
Advice? Has Ventura become stable enough to jump on it?
Thanks!

DinkThifferent

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
Hi @DinkThifferent : 2021 M1 Max 16" here, still on Monterey 12.7 to avoid the Ventura troubles. I can go 2 paths:
- Ventura 13.6 and Sonoma as soon as it's stable
- Stay on Monterey 12.7 and Sonoma as soon as stable
Advice? Has Ventura become stable enough to jump on it?
Thanks!
Hello, it works stable now on my 2019 intel iMac, I have been using it since 13.4. So it should fly on your M1 Max! Especially now with the final Ventura release of 13.6.

Reactions: OSXphoto

Mac1989

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
USA

Apple today released macOS Ventura 13.6, the sixth major update to the macOS Ventura operating system. macOS Ventura 13.6 comes almost two months after the launch of macOS Ventura 13.5.

Ventura-Macs-Feature-Blue.jpg

The ‌‌‌‌macOS Ventura‌‌‌‌ 13.6 update can be downloaded for free on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System Settings.

According to Apple's release notes, ‌macOS Ventura‌ 13.6 introduces important bug fixes and security updates. Apple recommends that all users install the software.

Apple's security support document confirms that the update addresses several security vulnerabilities that may have been actively exploited against versions of iOS before iOS 16.7.

macOS Ventura will soon be replaced with macOS Sonoma, the newest version of macOS that Apple plans to release on September 26. Apple has also released macOS 12.7 for those who are not able to update to Ventura.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS Ventura 13.6 With Security Fixes
its not showing up in System updates for me. I have am M2 Mini with Ventura 13.3.1
Is this because I whined about Tim spending more $ on pregnant emoji man than on making Contacts a business-ready app etc

• Haha

Renderwarrior

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2020
ok, maybe... MAYBE... I found a solution...
It seems the updater made a mess mixing both Ventura and Sonoma, wiping my firmware...
Not sure if my files and apps are still there... But I've been able to inject a recovery partition and I'm trying to install Sonoma... crossed fingers for me...

Nihilvor

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
Did Apple get rid of direct links to their older software? That used to be something they offered on their website, but the newest direct download seems to be from 2022. This came out a week go, and I can't see to find a way to install it without jumping from Ventura to Sonoma.

Nihilvor

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
Did Apple get rid of direct links to their older software? That used to be something they offered on their website, but the newest direct download seems to be from 2022. This came out a week go, and I can't see to find a way to install it without jumping from Ventura to Sonoma.
I ended up figuring it out. You go into the App Store and select "get" on the Ventura page; it forces the Software Updates to reset itself (was only showing Sonoma). After a prompt, you can then get 13.6. I realize that Sonoma has gotten a lot of praise out of the start, but I still like to wait for a couple of version before moving up to the next big update as, as long as there are security updates, it doesn't hurt me to play it safe.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I ended up figuring it out. You go into the App Store and select "get" on the Ventura page; it forces the Software Updates to reset itself (was only showing Sonoma). After a prompt, you can then get 13.6. I realize that Sonoma has gotten a lot of praise out of the start, but I still like to wait for a couple of version before moving up to the next big update as, as long as there are security updates, it doesn't hurt me to play it safe.

The Mr. Macintosh website has links to the available older releases.

JuBe

macrumors regular
May 28, 2009
Did this update break the Bluetooth connection of a Magic Mouse, for anyone else? It keeps connecting (showing the pop-up, "Connected"), working momentarily, and then the pop-up "Connected" appears, which seems to indicate that my mouse has actually been disconnected. It doesn't seem to affect my Logitech "Lift" mouse, which is also connected via Bluetooth. There was no indication of this issue last night before I set my computer to update overnight.

Disclaimer: I think my Logic Board might be on its last legs, but I don't understand why one Bluetooth mouse works and the other doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.