Apple Releases New 13.3 Software for HomePod

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Alongside iOS and iPadOS 13.3, Apple has released new 13.3 software for the HomePod, with some bug fixes and performance improvements that build upon HomePod features introduced in earlier iOS 13 software releases.

Today's update improves the ability of HomePod to recognize the voice profile of family members, it allows individual family members to enable or disable personal requests, and it fixes an issue that could prevent music playback from resuming on a stereo pair following a call.

The new ??HomePod?? software will be installed automatically on the ??HomePod??, but you can also manually update and check your software version by following the instructions in our HomePod software how to.

Article Link: Apple Releases New 13.3 Software for HomePod

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Need a few more guenea pigs before I jump in after having 9 bricked last time they sent a QA Tested release to Production. Absolutely shameful!

• Haha
Reactions: jbachandouris

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Need a few more guenea pigs before I jump in after having 9 bricked last time they sent a QA Tested release to Production. Absolutely shameful!
Yes I remember your issues...and the boxes that they sent with no instructions on how to squeeze seven of your HomePods into seven iPad boxes
- - Post merged: - -

Both mine updated cleanly

Last edited:
Reactions: BarrettF77

hagar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
When will they add new countries and languages? I purchased an imported HomePod, knowing it wouldn’t support Dutch, but how long can this take?

stupid question, I know, still waiting for Siri on ATV, which weirdly is supported in neighbouring countries (with the same languages). Oh Apple.

Duncan-UK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2006
I forlornly hope for some improvements in Siri - it is a truly woeful experience on the HomePod, and the last update took a huge backwards step in terms of syntax and a basic inability to recognise what I was saying. The number of times I request a track only for it to say that it is not in my music library... Frustrating beyond belief!

19SK91

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
Anyone else‘s update taking forever? Says "Installing" for ~30 minutes now. I’m starting to get nervous.

Edit: checked the Home app on my iPad and it says it‘s on 13.3. Don‘t know why on the iPhone it still says 13.2.1 and "Installing".

Last edited:

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I've been doing that on mine with the existing prior software?
If I set them as my output, generally I can play one youtube video with no problem.

If I attempt a second, the video will stutter at some point. If I restart, audio will revert to being output to the TV via HDMI, but the volume control will display the HomePods' volume HUD and not affect anything.

The WWE Network app won't even send audio to the HomePods, regardless of them being my 'first try' or not.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2012
This doesn't seem to fix multi user voice recognition at all..
Just about to post the same thing...
It's always been able to recognise my voice, never my partner's. Tried lots of different suggested troubleshooting without success, and just resigned to waiting for the next update hoping it would then work.
Sad to report it doesn't... oh, Apple...

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Just about to post the same thing...
It's always been able to recognise my voice, never my partner's. Tried lots of different suggested troubleshooting without success, and just resigned to waiting for the next update hoping it would then work.
Sad to report it doesn't... oh, Apple...
Updated my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, both HomePods, uninvited her from the Home, re-inivited her (and turned on recognize my voice and personal requests when accepting) and the damn thing still doesn't work....I kinda expected this to be fixed judging by the release notes.

rog

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Kalapana, HI
The buggy Homepod should either not have been released or be $99. Can't recall how many hours I've spent trying to update it. The multi-user support couldn't be less intuitive and following Apple's support page instructions on how to enable and use it has yet to work properly. It's also sad that Siri remains a beta-level product which isn't much better than when the 4S was released, what 8 years ago? Apple seems determined to remain the joke of the voice-based personal assistant world.

Reactions: bhodinut

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
I might be in the minority, but I love my HomePod. I think it sounds great, and I rarely have issues with requests. However, this multi user voice recognition just doesn't seem to work for most people (myself included).

Reactions: iAssimilated

k1121j

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
Hopefully this restores the ability to use them as an output for the Apple TV.
I dident know this was removed I use it as output everyday?
- - Post merged: - -

If I set them as my output, generally I can play one youtube video with no problem.

If I attempt a second, the video will stutter at some point. If I restart, audio will revert to being output to the TV via HDMI, but the volume control will display the HomePods' volume HUD and not affect anything.

The WWE Network app won't even send audio to the HomePods, regardless of them being my 'first try' or not.
yes it is buggy watching watching the morning show I can get through one eposide before the audio gets out of sync its annoying glad I dent buy one just barrowed not worth that much money my bose desktop speakers for 100.00 sound better and my phone has siri so not worth it for me

CamiMR

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2012
I might be in the minority, but I love my HomePod. I think it sounds great, and I rarely have issues with requests. However, this multi user voice recognition just doesn't seem to work for most people (myself included).
I really like my HomePod as well, but this whole voice recognition feature not working at all is really disappointing...