Apple Releases New Accessories and Cases for iPhone 8 and iPhone X

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following Apple's Tuesday event that saw the debut of the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, Apple has introduced a range of new wireless accessories and cases in a selection of new colors.

There's a new Leather Folio case specifically designed for the iPhone X, with a front cover that protects the display of the device when not in use. The Leather Folio case is priced at $99 and comes in Cosmos Blue, Taupe, Black, and Berry. Because the iPhone X will not be shipping out to customers until November, the Leather Folio case is not yet available for purchase.

[​IMG]

Along with the Folio Case, Apple has introduced new standard Silicone and Leather cases for the iPhone X, the iPhone 8, and the iPhone 8 Plus. Because the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are nearly identical in size and shape to the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, these new cases also fit Apple's existing devices.

The iPhone X Silicone Case is priced at $39 and comes in Blue Cobalt, Rose Red, Ultra Violet, Dark Olive, White, Pink Sand, Midnight Blue, Black, and (PRODUCT)RED.

[​IMG]

The iPhone X Leather Case is priced at $49 and comes in Cosmos Blue, Pink Fuchsia, Dark Aubergine, Charcoal Gray, Taupe, Saddle Brown, Midnight Blue, Black, and (PRODUCT)RED.

[​IMG]

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Silicone Cases are priced at $35 and $39, respectively, and come in Blue Cobalt, Rose Red, Ultra Violet, Dark Olive, White, Pink Sand, Midnight Blue, Black, and (PRODUCT)RED.

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Leather Cases are priced at $45 and $49, respectively, and come in Cosmos Blue, Pink Fuchsia, Dark Aubergine, Charcoal Gray, Taupe, Saddle Brown, Black, Midnight Blue, and (PRODUCT)RED.

There are two Qi wireless chargers built for the iPhone X and the iPhone 8, designed by Mophie and Belkin. Both are simple charging pads that plug into the wall and then charge the iPhone X/iPhone 8 inductively. Belkin's solution (on the left in the image below) is priced at $59.95 and comes in white. Mophie's charging base comes in black and is also priced at $59.95. Neither charging base is available as of yet and there's no release date available.

[​IMG]

The $49 iPhone Lightning Dock, which will work with both the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X in lieu of wireless charging, is available in a new shade of gold that matches the new gold color available for the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. Black, Silver, Space Gray, and Rose Gold continue to be available as well. The new dock is available today.

[​IMG]

Though there were no iPad updates today, Apple has introduced accessories for the device in a range of new colors. There's a new (PRODUCT)RED Leather Sleeve priced at $129, and a new (PRODUCT)RED Apple Pencil Case priced at $29.

[​IMG]

Smart Covers for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro models are available in new colors as well. Silicone Smart Covers now come in Blue Cobalt, Rose Red, Ultra Violet, and (PRODUCT)RED while Leather Smart Covers come in Pink Fuchsia and (PRODUCT)RED.

[​IMG]

Most of the new iPhone and iPad cases are available for delivery this week, with the exception of the cases designed for the iPhone X. Those are unlikely to be available until November, when the iPhone X launches.

Article Link: Apple Releases New Accessories and Cases for iPhone 8 and iPhone X

2. jdillings macrumors 65816

And still no silicone back case for the 10.5 iPad Pro

3. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Not happening lol

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I was actually quite confident it would happen today

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Folio cases are this decade's wearing your phone on your hip.

6. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Apple would have released it day 1, leathers cases for the X looks great though!

7. CarlJ macrumors 68000

CarlJ

New purple ("ultra violet") silicone cases are awesome - available as a watch band also.

8. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Still see people doing this. Case looks like a tank, rotating clip just above the front pocket. Dude.

10. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

was hoping they could some how do the iPhone X case with battery now that it's a smaller size.

11. dannys1 Suspended

dannys1

Don't think i'll bother with a case on the iPhone X - now it's not as massive as the 7 Plus and not as slipping to hold as the 6's were i think I can go back to running naked again properly like all my other iPhones.

12. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502

M.PaulCezanne

13. dannys1 Suspended

dannys1

Good - not needed! And the Smart Cover now fits properly again cos they've ditched it thankfully.

14. blufire95, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017

blufire95 macrumors member

In Germany, iPad Pro 256 GB and 512 GB is now a lot more expensive (no change for 64 GB).
    On the 10.5 model 256 GB was 829€, now it's 899€. 512 GB is now 1119€ (It was 1049€!).
    Same price differences for the cellular und 12.9 models (all +70€).
    Why?

15. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

I was just about to write that. The 10.5-inch iPad Pro (256GB, Wi-Fi & Cellular) in the UK has gone up £60. The $ to £ exchange rate is a little better now for us Brits, so the price should've gone down, not up! I think it's just greed. By all means, Apple, make money, but you're pricing your products out of the reach of the common man. And this comes just a day after Tim Cook said they don't make products just for the rich. Ha!

16. WilliamG macrumors 604

Interesting that the iPhone X turns on when you open the folio case. Wonder what sensor/magnet is going on there?

17. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I wish Apple would make their freaking cases cover the bottom. If you drop it at just the right angle or onto a hard, uneven surface it will break all that glass along there.

As for the wireless charger, Anker has some on Amazon for $20 that I'll probably pick up.

18. Arcontia macrumors regular

Cobalt Blue Silicone is a 100% Clone of Ocean Blue Silicone from last year.. bit lazy Apple.

On the other hand, the Dark Olive looks enticing

19. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Strange/frustrating they don't show the folio case from the from on Apple's website.

20. nicho macrumors 68000

pricing has stayed consistent in Hong Kong, no increases there

21. Joe HS macrumors 6502

Really disappointed there’s no Smart Battery Case to be honest.

22. big-ted macrumors regular

big-ted

But it's an Apple pencil case

23. beardedsteven macrumors newbie

Do we think there will be a good chance for an X battery case?? My 7 doesn't last until noon if I don't use my battery case now! I avoided Apples battery case because of that hump for a long time but I love it now. I'd really like another one from Apple and not have to go 3rd party.

24. CarlJ macrumors 68000

CarlJ

Apple may choose not to make battery cases for the 8/8+/X, because of the glass back - my impression is that their (quite brilliant) battery cases for the 6/7 have been less rigid than the 3rd party ones, relying on the aluminum casing of the phone for support... putting a battery (that only covers the center portion) up against the glass back and then subjecting it to a life of jolts, jostles, and small drops, could lead to more fractured back panels.

After picking up and holding an iPhone with Apple's battery case, I always knew that was the one I'd want if I got a battery case (people dismiss it because of the hump, but it fits the hand so well, and it integrates with the phone, the OS knows about it), but I tend to prefer external batteries and a cable (much more capacity and the weight is in a pocket, not my hand).

The accessory I'm a little sad Apple isn't doing is a "bumper" case. My iPhone 4 spent its operational life in one, and it seemed for all the world like a block of glass with a padded rubber edge. Just enough grip, minimal bulk, and protection on all the edges (dropped it a bunch, no cracks, and it still looks pristine).

25. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502

M.PaulCezanne

Right. And don't get me wrong, I think the Apple pencil is terrific. Just guessing the pencil case is made for a dime in China and they're charging $30 for it.