Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
When using noise cancellation on My Airpods Pro 2, they do a fine job at reducing some noise. However, low-frequency sounds seem to increase, such as the rumble of engines from big-rig trucks passing my home. I keep hoping one of these numerous forced firmware updates will fix this issue.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
Quick, everyone go journal about this in our new Journals! 😂
This is too, too funny. LOL. Too bad Journal doesn't yet track our web reading habits, otherwise it may propose this new beta development as a "recommended" topic to reflect on. Or, it might come up with the prompt: "Will ANC degrade or improve with this beta? DEBATE!"

tobybrut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2010
I’ve tried installing these on original AirPods Pro, AirPods 3, and AirPods Max. So far, no luck on methods that are usually guaranteed (wired connection to Mac). Has this firmware actually been released yet?

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
A much better way to see info for AirPods is to go to settings Bluetooth tap the I next to the connected AirPods and all the settings and info display

Spazman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
For what it is worth to others. The microphone on our AirPods 2 started working again for phone calls after updating to 17.2. It still says 6A300 as firmware.

We are happy and will return the new AirPods we ordered over the weekend that arrive today!

bjjp2

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
These are really my favorite articles on MacRumors. "They updated the firmware. We don't know how to make it download. And we don't know what it does and we never will."

• Haha
Reactions: Aves

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
NO mention of the AirPods Pro 2 in the original article. So it is the correct firmware for your AirPods

It’s just so weird how this works. There is no way to force the download, and you just don’t know when you will get it.

My APP2 USB C is 6B34, like I wrote. And my APM is 6A300.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

tobybrut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2010
Has anyone successfully installed the new firmware on any of their AirPods? I’ve never had a situation where none of my numerous AirPods have updated at all.

guyguy17

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2017
Still:
  • "Bug fixes and other improvements" are vague and do not qualify as actual "release notes". And,
  • no manual update method
Agreed. Why does Apple have to continue to keep it a big secret? They are always vague on the information.

uczcret

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2021
England
Has anyone successfully installed the new firmware on any of their AirPods? I’ve never had a situation where none of my numerous AirPods have updated at all.
I got it on my APM- wasn’t sure how to trigger the update manually so I enrolled them two days ago and just left them to it. They had updated when I checked earlier. Probably not helping much here…

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.