Apple Releases New 'iPad is Iconic' Commercial

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released a new iPad commercial entitled "iPad is Iconic", airing the ad on primetime television and posting it to the company's YouTube page to show off a number of high-profile applications for the popular tablet device.

As with previous commercials in the series, the new ad offers the same soundtrack and follows the same theme of displaying a series of quick shots of the iPad's capabilities interspersed with corresponding single-word descriptions relevant to the "iPad is..." theme: "fresh" (djay), "tickets" (American Airlines HD), "news" (The Wall Street Journal), "stories" (iBooks), a running counter racing past 60,000 iPad apps available in the App Store, "students" and "teachers" (Pages), "hollywood" (Movie★Slate), and "iconic" (Vanity Fair Magazine).

Article Link: Apple Releases New 'iPad is Iconic' Commercial

TechNutt

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
Apple would be smart, very smart, to advertise ipad2 during the Super Bowl. You know Verizon is going to with their iphone4.

jonah153

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
Slate app

The slate app is not beneficial! The point of a slate in a motion picture is the correctly sync the sound and motion. Without a moving piece to snap and make a sound, its pointless. Cool concept though

TechNutt

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
Great commercial the Marilyn Monroe part really takes it though !
ipad is "fresh" is the winner for me because I was going to get that same app for it when I score the ipad2. I think that little snippet will open more eyes than ever. Kids don't even want pcs anymore; they want iPads.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Eh..a new ad now?

With at least one more new one due on super bowl sunday?

As an investor, I'm a little miffed. iPad 2 commercials are in the editing room already and Apple is still pulling out new ads for iPad 1? I dunno, seems like they overspent.

Sorry if that sounds penny pinching, but it's practical.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Eh..a new ad now?

As an investor, I'm a little miffed. iPad 2 commercials are in the editing room already and Apple is still pulling out new ads for iPad 1? I dunno, seems like they overspent.

There won't be an iPad 2 ad 'til the iPad 2 comes out.

As an investor, I'd thought you would've known this about Apple by now.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Eh..a new ad now?

It would be most practical to sell as many iPads as possible before the next iPad is released. And no one exactly knows when that will happen.

The next iPad will do everything the current iPad does. It may do it faster. It may do it better. But it will do it all.

And it may do some new stuff, which Apple can advertise once the new one is released. But certainly not before.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
The slate app is not beneficial! The point of a slate in a motion picture is the correctly sync the sound and motion. Without a moving piece to snap and make a sound, its pointless. Cool concept though
Uhhh. You don't know what you're talking about :)

You should check out the app before making these kinds of statements. There is an audio and video cue. Remember you're looking at a device with a screen and a speaker, so you'd think they'd be able to figure out how to display movement on the screen (the clapstick moves) and how to play sound out the speakers (a clapstick "clap" sounds).

aplqna

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Maryland
If anyone's banking on an iPad 2 before summer, I wouldn't hold your breath. This just seals the deal. They are still actively marketing iPad with new commercials.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Eh..a new ad now?

Yeah, because Apple always advertises unreleased products 3-4 months in advance in favor of its current product that is still on the shelf and risk cannibalize all sales of its current product.

Wile were at it, Where's the iPhone 5 commercial? Seems like Apple is dropping the ball and missing a huge opportunity by not advertising future products during the Super Bowl.

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
If anyone's banking on an iPad 2 before summer, I wouldn't hold your breath. This just seals the deal. They are still actively marketing iPad with new commercials.
I think that iPad 2 will be announced late Feb. along with the Daily paper app. for a late March/early April launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.